Regression: Aspose.PSD 20.7.0 breaks font sizes for older files

Hi, the latest version has a regression in handling font sizes. I’ve attached the following:

1. The code used to reproduce the bug.
  2. The input file
  3. The output file

What I observed:

• The font size in the output gets smaller. (In the sample from 12pt to 5.76pt).
  • The issue reproduces with files created with older versions of photoshop.
  • The issue does not happen in 20.6.0.
  • If I change the font size to another value in Adobe Photoshop 2020 and then back to the original font size and save, then the issue does not reproduce.

This is very critical for us since this version fixes other problems which were reported by us but we can’t update the aspose.psd version because of this issue. (Most of our tests are failling since are built with older versions of Photoshop).

Thanks

sample.zip (35.0 KB)

Hi,
this basically makes 20.7 unusable as it cannot be used for any files generated in older versions of Photoshop

@arnoldbeilandevozon

After observing the issues mentioned by you, I have created an issue with ID PSDNET-710 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

HI
can you please share ETA with us - as I mentioned this is quite critical issue which blocks us from using the library - previous version had another critical issue when some files cannot be processed.

@rlaskowski.sdl

We are actually in process of Aspose.PSD for .NET 20.8 publishing at the moment. You may try that once it will be available online. Otherwise, we will make sure to fix this in Aspose.PSD for .NET 20.9.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PSDNET-710) have been fixed in this update.