[Regression] No longer able to copy correct Value axis ticklabel’s font names with latest Aspose.Cells

Hi,

I have noticed Aspose can no longer copy the correct font name from the Value axis ticklabels, instead, it now gives incorrect names, whilst it was working fine with old Aspose.Cells 21.2.0 version.

Code:

var workbook = new Workbook(
            @".\RegChartScatter.xlsm");
        var fontName = workbook.Worksheets[0].Charts[0].ValueAxis.TickLabels.Font.Name;
        Console.WriteLine(fontName); 

var newWorkbook = new Workbook();
        newWorkbook.Copy(workbook);
        var fontNameCopied = newWorkbook.Worksheets[0].Charts[0].ValueAxis.TickLabels.Font.Name;
        Console.WriteLine(fontNameCopied); // print 'Calibri Light' with Aspose.Cells 21.9, should be 'Generis Sans Com'

newWorkbook.Worksheets[0].Charts[0].ValueAxis.TickLabels.Font.Name = fontNameCopied;

// the output does not use the correct font 'Generic Sans Com' on the labels with Aspose.Cells 21.9
        newWorkbook.Save(@".\copied2.xlsx");

I’ve attached my test files for the Value axis issue for your reference:
valueaxis.zip (44.9 KB)
image.png (24.6 KB)

This is the 3rd time in a row that we could not upgrade Aspose.Cells because of regressions (we also had regressions in 21.6.0 and 21.7.0) and such unstability never happened before. Could this be fixed soon and we can get a stable version to upgrade?

Thanks,

@ServerSide527,

Please notice, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned using your sample file. I found Aspose.Cells does not copy the correct font name from the value axis ticklabels. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-49161” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

We are sorry for this. Generally, we add new enhancements to new versions every now and then. You already know file formats development is complex on its own, which is not a simple streamline when we consider robustness and performance on top. Although we do adopt measures to avoid such kind of regressions but somehow these do occur in some rare cases. Anyways, we will surely enhance our QA and include more test cases and measures to make sure such kind of regression issues won’t occur. We apologize for any inconvenient caused.

Hi @Amjad_Sahi

Thanks for the quick update. In the past, the upgrade has usually been smooth but we understood and appreciate the complexity of each upgrade.

There are many fixes and enhancements in the recent versions that are needed for our business. I’m looking forward to having the next stable version so we can make use of them.

Regards,

@ServerSide527,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Let us evaluate your issue in details. Hopefully we will figure out your issue soon.

@ServerSide527,

This is to inform you that your issue has been resolved. We will provide you the fix within the next few days in the next week or so.

@ServerSide527,

The issue is fixed in v21.9.2.
Aspose.Cells21.9.2 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.6 MB)
Aspose.Cells21.9.2 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.6 MB)
Aspose.Cells21.9.2 For .NetStandard20.Zip (5.6 MB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-49161) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by simon.zhao