Regression - Saving a message is modifying the received date

Using the latest version of Aspose.Email 20.8.0 when saving a message the received date is being incorrectly set to the current date-time of the local machine (See attached image). The last version of Aspose.Email where this was working correctly was in 18.6.0.

Code Snippet
using (var message = MailMessage.Load(input))
{
message.Save(output, SaveOptions.DefaultMsgUnicode);
}

Sample.png (70.1 KB)

@Francis73

The issue that you are sharing is owing to Time Zone difference. You may need to set the time zone on your end. Please refer to following thread.

I have attempted setting the timezone however this has not resolved the issue. I have attached a sample program which includes two projects one with the latest version of Aspose.Email and another with the version 18.6 where this functionality was working.

SampleApp.zip (51.0 KB)

@Francis73

Based on the provided information, I have opened up a ticket with ID EMAILNET-39927 in our issue tracking system. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

@mudassir.fayyaz

Just checking in if there has been any progress on this issue or an ETA when this task planned to be scheduled.

@Francis73

You can please try using following sample code on your end to preserve the settings using latest version.

using (var message = MailMessage.Load(input))
{
    MsgSaveOptions opt = SaveOptions.DefaultMsgUnicode;
    opt.PreserveOriginalDates = true;
    message.Save(output, opt);
}