(Regression?) Workbook with Waterfall chart cannot be opened from Excel 2016 after copy

Hi,

When creating a workbook with charts copied from another workbook, the workbook can no longer be opened with the latest Aspose version 20.8.0.

Code:

var workbook = new Workbook(@".\test.xlsx");
        var workbook2 = new Workbook();
        workbook2.Copy(workbook);
        workbook2.Save(@".\aspose.xlsx"); 

If I opened the output from Excel 2016, it would suggest warning message asking me to remove the chart (screenshot attached below). The same file can be opened from the latest Office 365.

I noticed if I used Aspose 20.2.0, the output can be opened in Excel 2016. However, the colour styles are wrong in the 20.2.0 output.

I’ve attached the test files and outputs of both versions for your reference. Could you please help me check if this is a regression?

test.zip (53.4 KB)
image.png (44.8 KB)

Thanks,

@ServerSide527,
We need to investigate this issue therefore it is logged in our database. You will be notified here once any update is available for sharing.

This issue is logged as:
CELLSNET-47586 - Workbook with Waterfall chart cannot be opened using Excel 2016 after copy

@ServerSide527,

This is to inform you that your issue has been resolved. After running QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes, we will provide you the fixed version.

@ServerSide527,
Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.8.9 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells20.8.9 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.4 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.8.9 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.4 MB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47586) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.9. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Amjad_Sahi
You may also get the new version @ nuget repos. (NuGet Gallery | Aspose.Cells 20.9.0)