Release Memory Object

Hi

Is there any way that I can release the worksheet object from memory ,please suggest the code to achieve this?

Thanks

Hi Richa,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

Please note, Aspose.Cells APIs have the the Workbook.Dispose method that can be used to release the unmanaged resources. Please review the detailed article on this, and give it a try on your side.

Hi

I am writing my code in .Net. Please suggest the correct method for this platform. As when I am using Dispose method it gives me below error:

‘Aspose.Cells.Workbook’ does not contain a definition for ‘Dispose’ and no extension method ‘Dispose’ accepting a first argument of type
‘Aspose.Cells.Workbook’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I am already using namespace 'Aspose.Cells

Hi Richa,

Please note, the Workbook.Dispose method was added since the release of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.5.1 therefore if you are using any older revision of the API, please upgrade to latest version in order to use this method.

Hi

I am getting this error while installing AsposeCells_8.5.2 in my system

ASP.Net Runtime couldn’t start. Error: The device is not ready.

Please suggest any solution for this problem.

Hi Richa,

Are you getting this error while installing Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.5.2 from its MSI installed? If yes, could you please check if you have the access rights to perform this action. You may trying installing the API with administrative rights, that is; right click on the MSI file and select “Run as administrator” from the available options. In case, the problem persists, please provide us screenshots showing the error for better understanding of the issue.

That said, you may also alternatively acquire the DLL only package of the same revision of Aspose.Cells for .NET API that contains all the required assemblies. In this case the assemblies will not be registered to the GAC however, you can easily reference them in your project from the path/location of extracted contents.