Removal of rels in notesMaster

Hi,

When I load (and save) a presentation with aspose.slides, it breaks my presentation as it removes a few relationships in the notesMaster.xml.rels file. Aspose.slides does not remove the references to the relationships it deleted in the notesMaster.xml file (so it is referencing nonexistent relationships). The relationships and references in the original presentation are valid xml, and it would be great if aspose.slides stopped removing the relationships. To circumvent this problem, I have had to use another library to replace the deleted relationships, which is something I don’t want to have to do.

Thank you,
Chloe

Hi Chloe,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the information shared by you and request you to please share the working sample project reproducing the issue along with source and generated presentations. Please also share the steps for reproducing the issue on our end as well. I also suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 17.5 on your end first as well.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

I am on 17.5.

Example Java code:

Presentation presentation = new Presentation(“Presentation.pptx”);
presentation.save(“Presentation after aspose.pptx”, SaveFormat.Pptx);

I have attached an example source presentation (Presentation), and the presentation generated from the example code (Presentation after aspose).

Please note that in the original presentation’s notesMaster1.xml.rels, there is a relationships element referencing an image which looks like this:

In the generated presentation’s notesMaster1.xml.rels, that relationship element has been removed, but in the notesMaster1.xml, the reference (use of rId2) is maintained. As it is referencing a relationship that does not exist, when the presentation is opened in Microsoft Word, a modal appears notifying the user that it ‘cannot read some of the content in {file name} and removed it’. When this happens, the places where the image is used, a red X is displayed in place of the image.

I would like for aspose.slides to not remove the relationship element from the notesMaster rels.

Hi Chloe,

Thank you for sharing the detailed information. I have extracted the source and generated presentations and have been able to observe the missing part in saved presentation NotesMaser XML file. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-36444 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Thanks, Mudassir.