Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Remove "Aspose" text from barcode

Hi,

I am failing to read Barcode PDF417 after generating it using Aspose, then printing and scanning.

When I do the same with another Assembly from Inlite Software, it works perfectly and I notice a quality difference between the two after printing them on paper.

Wondering if it’s a possibility that it could be the text that is produced with the Barcode. Is there any way to remove this? I’m not keen on showing users what is contained inside the barcode anyway, so this can’t be displaying…

DV

By the way, this actually works fine when I send the barcode within a tiff file via email and then try to read.

It’s the printing and sending via fax that is giving the issues. Even when I tried with a rather large resolution - still no success.

Here’s my code below:

Saving Barcode:
Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.License license = new Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.License();
license.SetLicense(_asposeLicensePath);

using (MemoryStream outputStream = new MemoryStream())
{
Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeBuilder builder = new BarCodeBuilder();
builder.CodeText = “some text”;
builder.CodeLocation = CodeLocation.None;
builder.SymbologyType = Symbology.Pdf417;
builder.Resolution = new Resolution(400f, 800f, ResolutionMode.Customized);
builder.Save(outputStream, ImageFormat.Gif);
byte[] byteArray = outputStream.GetBuffer();
}

Reading Barcode

// string that stores the barcode data
string barcodeText = string.Empty;

Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.License license = new Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.License();

Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader reader = new BarCodeReader(bitmap);
while (reader.Read())
{
BarCodeReadType type = reader.GetReadType();
barcodeText = reader.GetCodeText();
break;
}
}

return barcodeText;
}

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

To remove the Aspose text from barcode, please use Aspose.BarCode.License class, when you save the barcode.

Aspose.BarCode.License lic1 = new Aspose.BarCode.License();
lic1.SetLicense(path);

Could you please post some sample scanned images for our analysis, which could not be recognized. Also try giving symbology type in constructor.

BarCodeReader reader = new BarCodeReader(filename, BarCodeReadType.AllSupportedTypes);

I have already provided you the code above that specifies the fact I’m setting the license file that was purchased by my employer as well as providing the symbology PDF417 as a property.

Attached is the zip file containing the tiff image I’m trying to read.

Thanks.

Hi,

For removing the Aspose text:

dvasic:

Saving Barcode:

Please use the License class from Aspose.BarCode namespace.

For reading the attached tiff image:
Please try the latest hotfix of Aspose.BarCode for .NET v 3.0.1 from http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.barcode-for-.net/default.aspx.