Remove Unused Fonts from PDF File Very Slow

Hi Sir or Madam,

I am the existing user of the Aspose.PDF library and I have based your manual sample “Aspose.PDF for .NET Documentation|Aspose.PDF for .NET” to remove some unused fonts from my input pdf file. The pdf file has 26 pages and it is mainly text-based.

However, I found that the performance of using your suggested way to remove the unused fonts is not reasonable. It took around 2 mins 30 seconds to complete the action. More specifically, when I loop through the textFragment collection from the TextFragmentAbsorber object and set the Font property of the textFragment. (i.e. textFragment.TextState.Font)

May I know is there any way to speed up the process as this conversion is really unacceptable. Or am I doing something wrong? Please advise . Thanks!

Hi Edie,

Thanks for contacting support.

Can you please share your sample PDF document, so that we can test the scenario in our environment. In order to remove unused fonts, currently we have suggestion above stated approach but the time taken by API depends upon the structure and complexity of input document.

We are sorry for your inconvenience.

No problem. Enclosed please find the input.pdf and output.pdf from my testing. It takes around 2m30s to complete the conversion. Please kindly have a look.

Hi Edie,

Thanks for sharing the resource file.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issues that the process to replace font inside PDF document is taking too much time (2 min and 54 seconds in my case). For the sake of optimization, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-39720. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Thanks very much! Please let me know if you have any updates.

Excuse Me. May I know there is any updates?

Hi Edie,

Thanks for your patience.

The issue reported earlier is still pending for review and is not yet resolved. However the team will start investigating this problem as per their schedule and as soon as we have some definite updates, we will let you know. Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.

May I know is there any update? This fix is really crucial to my application. Thanks for your understanding. Furthermore, may I know if some-when the fix is released later, do I need to purchase a new license to get the fix?

Hi Edie,

The problem reported earlier is still pending for review and I am afraid its not yet resolved. However as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know.

Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.

Understood. But how about my second question in the previous post?

“do I need to purchase a new license to get the fix?” Please advise.

echu:
Understood. But how about my second question in the previous post?
“do I need to purchase a new license to get the fix?” Please advise.
Hi Edie,

Thanks for contacting support.

When the fix becomes available, if your license is not expired, you will be able to use same license file but in case the license is expired, you will be required to update your license subscription.

Hi,

Do you have any latest updates on this issue??

Hi Edie,

The issue reported earlier is still pending for review as the team has been busy fixing other previously reported high priority issues. However they will surely consider fixing it as per their schedule and once we have some definite updates, we will let you know.

We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Hello,

Just a quick question. Will it be fixed or can this slow issue can be handled? Please advise.

Hi,

Each issue is equal important as other problems reported by our customers and regarding your reported issue, we will surely consider fixing above stated issue after through investigation, and as per development schedule. Meanwhile I have again intimated the team to share the latest updates and as soon as we have some definite updates, we will let you know. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Time really flies. This case has already been reported for almost 9 months. May I know your published sample of using this great feature has already been reviewed by your professional development team? I am really your fans and love your library so much, but I do wish that you can help me fix the performance issue in the foreseeable future.

Hi Edie,

Thanks for your feedback. I am afraid we can not share any timeline at the moment as it is pending for investigation in the queue. However we have raised your issue priority, requested our product team to complete the issue investigation and share an ETA at their earliest. We will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issue resolution.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Still no update? Actually this feature is really critical to us in our application. Could you please really give me a solid reply this time? I think almost ONE year time should be understandable enough for this issue, right?

Hi Edie,

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience. Please note product team schedule the issues’ investigation and resolution on first come first serve basis and impact on the API in terms of changes/restructuring. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers. We have already raised priority of your issue and our Product team will plan its investigation soon. However, I have also shared your concern with the team and coordinating for an update. I will keep you posted about the issue resolution progress.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

OK. Then might I know how high priority of my case currently being investigated? Please be considerable how the user of your library might face the trouble from the real world users.