Removing Slide with Embedded Object Causes Corruption

If a slide is removed from the presentation, and the slide contains an embedded object, the removal of the slide will corrupt the presentation. If you open the presentation created by Aspose, PowerPoint will detect the corruption and will ask the user to repair the file.

I am using Office 2010, .ppt format, Aspose.Slides 6.3.0.

I have attached a small Visual Studio project and deck to demonstrate the issue.

Instructions:

1. Run the attached project.

2. Open the Deck2.ppt file produced in the bin/debug folder.

3. PowerPoint will detect the corruption and will only be able to partially repair the file.

Thanks!

Hi Tim,

I have worked with the project code shared by you and have generated the presentation using that. I have not been able to observe presentation corruption issue on my end. For your kind reference, I have attached the images of presentation opened in PowerPoint 2010 and PowerPoint version info. Please share that which version of PowerPoint you are using on your end.

Many Thanks,

Thank you for the image of the remaining slide. Please take careful note of your image of the first slide (the only slide left in the deck) which shows the corruption.

Please look at the spacing/formatting of the bullet points. Compare this to the original (unmodified deck).

The formatting has been removed from the bullet points. They are no longer proper bullet points as they originally existed in the original deck before slide 2 was removed.

This is an artifact of the corruption and shows that the deck has been corrupted and improperly repaired.

I am using PowerPoint 2010.

Thanks!

Hi Tim,

Thanks for sharing the information. I have observed the issues shared by you and moreover I have been able to observe the presentation repair message when I opened the presentation in updated version of PowerPoint. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-33516 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Just checking back in. This will have production implications for us. Any ETA on a fix? Thanks!

Hi Tim,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that the issue has not yet been resolved. I have requested our development team to schedule the issue for investigation and include in their plans. I will share the further information with you as soon as some information will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

This issue is still causing corruption in our decks. Is there any ETA on a fix? Thanks!

Hi Tim,

I regret to share that the shared issue has not yet been scheduled owing to already pending priority issues. I have raised the priority of issue and have requested the development team to schedule the issue for investigation. We will share the updates with you as soon as it will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-33516) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.