Renaming drop down options in Report Viewer

Hello,

I was trying to follow the instructions to rename the drop down options in report viewer. We have installed Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services and currently see the following as our options to export:

Excel 2007 Xlsx Excel 2007 via Aspose Cells. Is there any way of renaming this? I have been following another thread with the similar question but it was extremely unclear. Could you please elaborate which file and what component of it etc. that I will need to modify?

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.cells-for-reporting-services/integrate-with-microsoft-report-viewer-in-local-mode.html

Thanks,

Burzin

Hi, <?xml:namespace prefix = u1 />

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Please see the document for Integrate with Microsoft Report Viewer in Local Mode. If you want to rename drop down options in Report Viewer, you need to modify the code for invoking the add extension method. Please reference the following code and drop down options:

AddExtension(reportViewer1, "Xls - Xls via Aspose.Cells", typeof(Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.XlsRenderer));

AddExtension(reportViewer1, "Xlsx - Xlsx via Aspose.Cells", typeof(Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Excel2007XlsxRenderer));

Please see the attached image “img001.jpg”.

AddExtension(reportViewer1, "Aspose.Cells.XlsRenderer", typeof(Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.XlsRenderer));

AddExtension(reportViewer1, "Aspose.Cells.Excel2007XlsxRenderer", typeof(Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Excel2007XlsxRenderer));

Please see the attached image “img002.jpg”

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

I would like to make this change at the front end (remote mode). Which means when in Report Manager I would want them to display as for example: XLSX instead of XLSX via Aspose.

In this case on the remote server which dll file do I need to edit?

Thanks,

Burzin