Render Charts with Bevels on Series

Hello,

I am having a problem with a chart series that already has a Format3d Top Bevel. It seems like the Top Bevel won’t be rendered when using Aspose. I can create a test case for this, but I just wanted to confirm that top bevels, soft edges, shadows, glows, are rendered in Aspose Cells or are they just properties.

Joe

Edit: FYI I believe this issue is related to CELLSNET-45882 in Chart Rendering in PDF - #4 by shakeel.faiz

This is an example of the code.

Aspose.Cells.Workbook wb = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(ms);
    Worksheet worksheet1 = wb.Worksheets[0];
    chart1.RefreshPivotData();
    chart1.Shapes.UpdateSelectedValue();
    chart1.Calculate();
    chart1.ToImage($@"D:\testImage.emf", ImageFormat.Emf);

The series of the charts all have a top bevel (chart1.Nseries[0].ShapeProperties.Format3d.TopBevel), but it is not getting rendered in ToImage(). The saved workbook still holds onto the top bevel property and when it is opened in excel, the bevels are there. Are these properties and not able to be rendered in Aspose Cells.

@bother7,
Yes, you are right that this issue is still pending due to its complexity. However, for our reference, you may please share your sample template file. We will consider it as well if we plan to resolve the issue. In the near future, there is no plan to work on this issue as other high priority tasks are already there in the queue. For your convenience, I am attaching this ticket here as well so you will be automatically notified once any feedback is ready to share.

Attached is a sample project showing the effects lost when rendering the chart in Aspose.

AsposeRenderBevel.zip (6.9 MB)

@bother7,
Thank you for sharing data. I have recorded it with the ticket for our future reference. You will be notified once any update is ready for sharing.

Hello,

I wanted to check in and see if there have been any updates to this issue.

@bother7,
Thank you for writing to Aspose support again.
I am sorry that this issue is still pending and could not be resolved yet. This issue is complex and not in our near future plans right now. I will write back here if any update is available in this regard.

Ok thanks for the update. We lost a client because we couldn’t offer the 1 to 1 functionality of Powerpoint/Excel. I understand this is a complex issue, but we feel like this is one of the very rare times where aspose cells/slides doesn’t offer the same functionality as Microsoft Office,

@bother7,
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Although you know that we normally provide fixes in quite short times, like sometimes in hours only. However as this issue is little complex, therefore we could not provide fix yet. We will try our best to sort out this issue when possible and notify you here.

@bother7,
We are afraid we have no plan to support this feature for now.