We are experiencing discrepancy while rendering the document, which consists of Registered Symbol® and Trademark symbol ™.
We observed difference while converting rtf/word document into word/pdf document by using ASPOSE.WORD licensed library which consists of Registered Symbol® and Trademark symbol ™.
Trademark symbol is rendering in a perfect manner while we see issue with Registered.
To understand better we have prepared a sample application which consists of text with both Registered Symbol® and Trademark symbol ™.
Please refer the screen shoots for inputs and outputs and attaching the sample application.
1.PNG (82.9 KB)
We are considering above xml as input data, which consists of both trademark and registered symbols and passing this data to docx file which contains <AIA_SiderbarText> which is shown as below.
2.PNG (9.7 KB)
The output rendered as below after passing above data as input.
3.PNG (14.6 KB)
Kindly please provide your suggestion to resolve this issue.
Note: This issue not coming for Calibri font style but remaining fonts we are facing the issue. We are using latest version of Aspose 20.3.
Please find attached sample code for your reference.
Trademark.zip (343.6 KB)
We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-20231. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.
Thanks for confirming the problem. We will look forward to see the resolution.
Regarding WORDSNET-20231, we have completed the work on your issue and concluded to close this issue with “Not a Bug” status. Please see the following analysis details:
We have observed that there is in fact a proper character everywhere. As you mentioned Calibri font, there is a significant difference between Calibri and Arial (there is Arial in your document) for Registered Symbol. But it is fine and obvious for different fonts to look different.
There is also no difference between Aspose.Words generated String and Copy-Pasted to the MS Word UI.
Hope, this helps.
Thank you Hafeez for providing the analysis. Now I understood the reason behind the problem.
Thanks for your feedback. We have now closed WORDSNET-20231 with “Not a Bug” status.