Rendering extension problem

I spoke w/ someone on chat 2 days ago on a problem w/ your rendering extensions incompatibility w/ latest SSRS ReportViewer. Person had to go off line; I suggested email reply but have heard nothing.

That, plus the fact that we see the identical problem we see entered as a support case still unresolved 10 months later – makes me wonder if support exists ?

Hi Ralph,

Can you please share which Aspose APIs are you using and found them incompatible with ReportViewer? Please also share which operating system are you using and which SSRS and Visual Studio version is installed on your server?

Best Regards,

We’re using ReportViewer control from ms – dll version is reported as 11.0.0.0__89845dcd8080cc91 – which I believe is part of SSRS 2012.

and were using your aspose ReportViewer 2012.

===

Our usage is very simple

btw: we think this is the same symptom as described your case WORDSRPT-209

We recently reported it a 2nd time (reported Dennis Mellina)

So this is our code

public void RunReport (ReportParameters oParameters)
    {
      ReportBuilder      oBuilder     = oParameters.Type.GetBuilder(); //BuilderFactory.GetReportBuilder( parameters );     
ReportViewer oViewer = new ReportViewer () ;
       LocalReport        oLocalReport = oViewer.LocalReport ;<br>

ReportViewerHelper.AddAsposeExtensions (oViewer) ;

// alternate approach add just one extensions
// ReportViewerHelper oHelper = new ReportViewerHelper(oViewer) ;
//oHelper.AddExtension ("ASPOSDOC", "DOCX - Office Open XML via Aspose.Words", typeof (Aspose.Words.ReportingServices.DocRenderer)) ;
//oHelper.UpdateHandlers() ;

Then after report content itself is all built up we call this to try to render to word using the aspos word renderer we ca;;

case EReportOutput.Word : RenderToFile (oLocalReport, oParameters, "AWDOCX") ; break ;

At which point we get this exception:

Unable to cast object of type 'Aspose.Words.ReportingServices.DocxRenderer' to type 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandReportRendering.IRenderingExtension'.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks
for your inquiry. It would be great if you please use the select statement (to populate the data) inside
your RDL file and share that RDL file with us. We will investigate the
issue on our side and provide you more information.

Please check the following DataSet example with select statement for your kind reference.

<DataSets>

<DataSet Name=DataSet>

<Query>

<DataSourceName>DataSource</DataSourceName>

<CommandText>select 1 as value, ‘label1’ as label

union all

select 2 as value, ‘label2’ as label

union all

select 3 as value, ‘label3’ as label

union all

select 4 as value, ‘label4’ as label

</CommandText>