Rendering HTML with Javascript

Hi,

Am trying to convert following HTML (inbuilt JS for HighCharts) to PDF with Aspose.PDF product. But PDF doesn’t execute the JS built in the HTML file. Attached the Chart.Html for reference. However HTML got rendered successfully except the JS.

Is there a way to execute the Javascript in HTML file while converting to PDF ?

Hi There,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tried to convert your HTML file into PDF and noticed that the Javascript part was ignored in conversion process. In the generated output the elements rendering with Javascript were not found. However for the purpose of detailed investigation I have generated a ticket as PDFNET-42361 in our issue tracking system against this issue. We will further look into the details of this issue and keep you updated on the status of its rectification. Please be patient and give us a little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for raising issue. Any update on the issue as of now ?

Thanks.

Hi There,

I am sorry that the logged issue is pending for review as we have recently notified the product team about it. I am sure that they will review it as soon as possible as per their schedule. We will keep you informed within this thread about the status of its rectification. Please be patient and spare us a little time. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Please update us with the status of this ticket.

Thanks.

@Venkitaraman_Vivek

Thanks for your inquiry.

I am afraid that earlier logged issue is not yet resolved due to other pending issues in the queue, which were logged prior to yours. Product team will definitely investigate and provide a fix against your issue, as per their development schedule. As soon as we have some significant updates in this regard, we will share with you. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Hello, any updates on ticket PDFNET-42361? This is a critical component for our application.

Thank you,
Brett

@InfoEdGlobal

I am afraid that earlier logged issue is not yet resolved due to large number of pending issues in the queue, logged prior to this issue. As soon as we make some significant progress towards resolution of the issue, we will surely provide an update within this forum thread. We greatly appreciate your patience and comprehension in this regard. Please spare us little time.

Hi,

I found the similar problem in our product. Issue PDFNET-42361 has been logged more than 1 year now. Just wonder if it’s fixed or not?

Thanks

Tri

@TriH

Thanks for your inquiry.

I am afraid that earlier logged issue is still pending for a fix because other pending issues in the queue. Since the issue has been logged under free support model, it will be resolved on first come first serve basis and there are already pending issues in the queue which were logged prior to this. As soon as we have some definite updates regarding resolution of the issue, we will let you know. Please be patient and spare us little time.

I am wondering if this issue has been resolved. I have a similar problem, but I’ve noticed that some html rendering javascript will be applied while some will not. And that all html rendering javascript that comes after javascript that can’t be rendered is also not rendered.

for instance javascript such as console.log will stop further html rendering javascript form being applied. I have also noticed that applying some IE 8 and/or IE9 polyfills solves some of the problem.

I also ran a simple test to determine which language of javascript is being used and came up with version 1.0. I do not believe this to be the case since some of the javascript which does work was introduced after version 1.0. However, it does seem that older html rendering javascript is applied and can be used to replace newer html rendering javascript when it doesn’t work.

Is there any documentation on what html rendering javascript will work with Aspose?
Can you tell me which version of javascript Aspose supports for rendering html?

@jrwhip

We are afraid that earlier logged ticket has not been resolved yet due to other high priority issues.

However, we have logged your concerns and will definitely consider them during issue investigation. We will let you know as soon as additional updates are available regarding issue resolution. Please spare us little time.

Hello,

rendering HTML with JavaScript is also important for us. It would be very helpful if this requirement could be handled with a higher priority. Thanks a lot

Kind regards
Matthias

@curmas

We would like to share with you that earlier logged ticket is more like a new feature request and it requires significant amount of time to get fully investigated and implemented. However, we have logged your concerns and will surely inform you as soon as we have some news about its ticket resolution. Please give us some time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.