Rendering pdf documents in SharePoint 2010

Hi, Looking for a SharePoint 2010 solution to render pdf documents with links inside the common browsers; without the need for Adobe Reader installation.

Thanks,
Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.

It seems you need to render HTML to PDF, Please check following documentation link to render wiki page to PDF. Please let me know if there is any difference in your requirement and my understanding.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

Thanks so much for your message !
Unfortunately you are misunderstanding the solution i’m looking for. My question was rather short, let me re-phrase:

I’m looking for a solution for the following problem:

Our SharePoint 2010 extranet is being visited by people from all over the world with different systems (iPad/Safari; windows / IE / Chrome etc.) And then there are all the different versions of PDF readers; adobe reader, adobe acrobat, FoxIT Reader etc.

Long story short, I can’t influence the visitors (can show them the latest download link etc. but that’s about it) and I desperately need to show them hyperlinks inside PDF documents.

We spent several man-hours adding links in PDF documents to detailed SharePoint 2010 document-sets (based on the unique ID retrieval function in SP2010), so we need to show these links in the pdf documents.

Some PDF readers don’t show the links, like for instance Google Chrome’s implementation and also Safari’s implementation.

Does ASPOSE have a product that integrates in SharePoint 2010, to render a PDF inside the most common browsers, and this (rendering includes the hyperlinks!). This will solve the issue of all different connections / acrobat readers, just one (on premises cloud) reader that takes care of all requests. Clients then not even need Adobe installed !

Thanks very much in advance, I tried 3 other vendors, all their implementations of above request are failing because they can’t render links in PDF’s !

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for sharing additional information. Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint has a PDF Viewer feature but I’m afraid it render PDF as image and it doesn’t support links either. However, we have logged a feature request as PDFSHP-33312 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. We will keep you updated about issue progress via this forum thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience faced.

Best Regards,