Rendering problem in Indian Language

Hi,

I was trying Aspose PDF Java for replacing text with an Local Language text.
I encountered some issues.
Issue1. The rendering of Unicode Hindi characters are not proper.

Original Text was : Hello World

Changed text should be : हेलो विश्व

but the text displayed was not displayed correctly .Please refer the PDF attched.

Issue 2: I applied font on one text stream where as the new font was applied on all other text and it was not readable(Blocks formation) Refer PDF attached

Let me know if you need any other information from my side.

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please share your sample code and font, so we will test the scenario at our tend and will provide you more information accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi,

I am attaching the sample code used . Please refer the Attachment.

Font used for Hindi Language is Arial Unicode MS.

The text replaced was : “Hello world” with other Hindi Language text “हेलो विश्व”.

Attachment contains four files
Name Of Files : Description
1. Original Font.pdf : Source PDF with Original Font
2. Text_FontReplaced.pdf : PDF with Text and font replaced
3. Sorce Code.txt : function used to replace the text and attributes
4. Issue_desc.png : Image with problems encountered

Let me know if you need any other information from my side.

Thanks
Manish Sharma

Hi Manish,

Thanks for sharing the additional information. We have noticed that the reported issue arises in evaluation mode only and logged it as PDFNEWJAVA-34301 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution.

However, as a workaround you may request a 30 days temporary license and apply in your code to evaluate our API without any limitation. Please also check licensing documentation for applying license in your code.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for the 30 days temporary license , but rendering issue still exist.

English characters which were previously displayed as box are displayed correctly but the rendering of the script text is not correct. The complex (conjunct character) formation is not happening .

Text should be displayed as “क्रान्ति” .
Please Note :This text belongs to Devanagari script for Hindi Language

The PDF’s and source code are attached for your reference.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Regards
Manish Sharma

Hi Manish,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have noticed the font issue and logged it as PDFNEWJAVA-34305 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress via this forum thread.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWJAVA-34301) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 9.5.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

Is their any update regarding the rendering in INDIAN Languages .

The simple characters are coming well on PDF with ASPOSE PDF Java but only the complex characters are an issue.

Is there something that we can help out regarding the Indian Languages complex script pairs, Please let us know as we will be more then happy to see ASPOSE PDF Java supporting on complex Indian scripts.

Regards
Manish Sharma

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid your reported issue, PDFNEWJAVA-34305, is still not resolved due to other priority issues. However we have requested our development team to investigate the issue and share an ETA at their earliest. We will update you as soon as we get a feedback.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFJAVA-34305) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 17.6.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.