Rendering problem (with example)

Hi,

I have a word document that renders differently in Aspose Words.net to how it does in Word itself. Ive attached a zip with an example .doc and screenshots of how word renders it vs. how Aspose renders it.

It still happens with the latest release of Aspose Words (downloaded last week).

Would it be possible to take a look please?

thanks
George

Hi

Thanks for your request. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved. The problem occurs because you use floating textboxes. Currently, Aspose.Words does not support floating object positioning. The only way to work the problem around, I can suggest you at the moment, is refactoring your document to avoid using floating TextBoxes.
Best regards,

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt answer. Hopefully we will see support in the future…

cheers

George

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, positioning of floating objects is an extremely complex issue, so I cannot promise you a fast fix. Hopefully, this issue will be resolved somewhere at the beginning of the next year, but I cannot provide you a more solid estimate at the moment.
Best regards,

We are happy to tell you that a very cool and important feature (filed as 7180) is included in the new version of Aspose.Words. Text wrapping around images and shapes when rendering Microsoft Word documents to PDF, XPS and printing is now supported. You can download the latest version from here.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(114)