I am doing a summary report of projects and need some help figuring out the best way to do it.
I have used mail merge with regions with no problems in the past but in this situation i need to have a repeatable region (Milestones) within an outer repeatable region(projects).
i.e. i want to display all milestones for a project as well as displaying all projects in the system (hopefully the attached word doc will make things clear).
To make things more complex i have to display the project name as a vertical merged cell that spans the number of associated milestones.
I can repeat the milstones no problems for an individual project (using mail merge with regions) but how do i then repeat this for each project?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
In your case the best option is to merge documents separately in the loop: one project - one document. After merging each resulting document should be appended to a final document using AppendDoc function as described here. So your loop will look like this:
- Merge with regions for milestones.
- Simple merge for project title.
- Append the resulting document to the final document.
- Repeat all of the above with the next project.
Please try this approach. Let me know if you will have any problems implementing it.
I tried your aproach and it worked well except I ended up with a new table for each project.
In the end I…
- Performed merge with regions using a separate milestones document .
- Wrote project title in first cell and performed a vertical merge (milestones table)
- Performed ImportNode adding each of the new milestone rows to the destination milestone table.
- This was repeated for each project