Replace chart's worksheet

I’m evaluating aspose.slides (the latest version). In the example from http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.slides-for-.net/creating-a-chart-from-scratch.html, how do I remove all default series and categories, and replace them with my own data?

Another questions, which namespace should be used to generate chart in slide: aspose.slides.pptx.charts, or aspose.cells.charts?
thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I like to share that at moment the creating charts from scratch by removing all series and categories is not available in Aspose.Slides for .NET at the moment. We are in phase of re-implementing chart support by completely isolating Aspose.Slides for .NET from Aspose.Cells for .NET. At the moment you can add the charts using template charts in some presentation and modifying them for your needs or you can create basic charts. Please follow link1 and link 2 for chart related code snippets. An issue with ID 24363 has already been created in our issue tracking system to resolve the issue of creating charts from scratch. This thread has also been linked with the same issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Thanks for the update. When do you expect the re-implementation of Aspose.Slides be available? My project is due in next two months. I need to make a decision on what tool to use for generating PowerPoint presentations.

thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

We are very hopeful that by end of Q2 much of chart rendering support will be available. We are already working on some issue and they may get resolved in the form of hotfix version before end of Q2. But, still I am unable to make an promises for the hotfix versions.

Thanks and Regards,

There is no aspose version which can remove all data or default series and categories.

Hi,

It's almost the end of 2nd quarter. Is there any hotfix I can use for this issue? Please advise. My project is near the end of user testing phase. I'm desperately looking for a solution.

thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and like to share that the issue not yet been resolved. Infact, it has been scheduled for investigation in 26th week of 2011. As, I shared earlier that we are working on some of chart rendering issues and were unable to share the promises. Since this issue has been scheduled for investigation now, so hopefully we will share the ETA with you.

Thanks and Regards,