Replace string- Special characters

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your request. We’re in communication with our development team. As soon as any information on the ETA is shared by them, I will be glad to share that with you. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your patience. I have received response from our development team and yes this feature is definitely on their radar. They will provide a more solid estimate early next month and I will get back to you as soon as I have information on the ETA.

Best Regards,

Hello,

Just to clarify this is an issue fix and not a new feature which is being requested.

It is an issue as Aspose words claims to be a better alternative / replacement to word automation (see here) and word automation includes this functionality and we subsequently have not been able to update our system which is currently using word automation to use Aspose words.

I don’t suppose there has been any updates on this?

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid, this issue is still unresolved. Could you please attach your sample document containing the tags <* *> and your desired/expected output document here for testing (please create the target/expected document using Microsoft Word)? May be there exists some more appropriate way that I can suggest you in order to achieve what you need. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi awais,

I explained this much earlier in this thread just over a year ago.

Essentially this is about creating document templates and defining configurable sections which need to be swapped out / removed based on the properties of the given user/object.

The problem is that the replace function implemented in the aspose library throws an aspose exception if either the source or replace string contains a special character, the word automation function aspose is replacing on the other hand lets you do this.

Not throwing an exception and replacing the text would help me achieve what I need.

I’ve attached a dummy template which contains an example of this and what would be expected.

Cheers,

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will develop a work around code for your specific case and get back to you soon (WORDSNET-8530). We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Scott,

Thanks for waiting. I have created a project for you which works around this limitation of the find and replace engine. The example demonstrates how to remove a block of text using find and replace even when the text spans across different paragraphs. Please find it attached. Note you will need to create the logic to check the text and answers to decide if the text should be removed.

A better method to achieve this would be to use bookmarks instead of text delimiters, this way you could find the bookmark by name and remove all content in between the bookmark start and bookmark end regardless of how many paragraphs it spans (just by calling Bookmark.Text = string.Empty).

Cheers,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1252) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(6)

A post was split to a new topic: Special characters in replace string