Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your template and code here for testing? I will check the issue and provide you more information.
Regarding angle brackets, please attach your original template as well.
Also I would advise you to use mail merge feature to fill templates with data instead of using find/replace:
This approach is much simpler to implement and so less error prone.
Here’s the template I’m using…
Also, can you have a look at the tables in my template and tell me how to control the font styles and colours and cell background colors.
Thank you for additional information. I just tested your document on my side and replacement works fine on my side. Here is a simple code I used for testing:
Document doc = new Document(@"Test001\in.doc");
doc.Range.Replace(@"", "This is my value", false, false);
Also, looking at your template, I think that using mail merge would be a better option than using placeholders and find/replace technique.
When you perform replacing, formatting of the placeholders will be kept. If you need to change formatting upon replacing, you can use IReplacingCallback to achieve this. Here you can find a simple code example that demonstrates the technique: