Replacing test

dear aspose.diagram,

I have a textblock with a formatted text on it. Within the attached source file, you can reference the shape as x = object.pages(0).shapes(1).shapes(0)

Now, I simply want to change the texts in there, without changing the formatting.

Unfortunately, I cant find the text through x.text.value, because it is empty and I am not able to modify the text through x.chars(0), since that one does not allow me direct access to the text.

So question, what is the simplest way to modify a text in a shape whilst maintaining the formatting ?

thanks

Hi Guido,

Thanks for your inquiry. I managed to replicate the problem because x.text.value is always returning an empty string. It is the simplest way to modify a text of the shape. I have logged this problem under ticket id DIAGRAM-33411 in our issue tracking system. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved and available for the public use. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

hi Aspose.Diagram support,

when do you estimate issue DIAGRAM-33411 will be resolved. Are we talking days, weeks, months ?

Thanks for your help,

guido

Hi Guido,

Thanks for your inquiry. I’m sorry to share with you that this issue is not yet resolved. This issue is pending for analysis. I have asked the responsible developer to take a look at this issue shortly. As soon as any information is shared with me, I will be more than happy to share that with you.

We’re sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Guido,

Thanks for your patience. I’ve received a response from our development team and like to update you that we have planned to include the fix of issue id DIAGRAM-33411 in our Aspose.Diagram for .NET 3.4.0. If everything goes by plan, we’ll be able to provide you the fix in the starting week of August 2013. We will keep you informed and let you know once it is fixed and available for public use.

hi Aspose support.

when do you think the version with the fix for this porblem will be released ?
thnaks
guido

Hi Guido,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have a good news for you that the issue id DIAGRAM-33411 has now been resolved and its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for .NET (3.4.0). Currently, we are in the testing phase of the new release and hopefully we will provide you the new release in a few days’ time. Please be patient and spare us some time to complete our testing and publishing process for the new release.

hello aspose.diagram support.

As per yoiur suggestion, I tried version 3.4.0.

I see that the shape.text.value object is readonly. So I assume I need to use function “SetWholeText”. It seems this function replaces all in the shape with the string passed.

However, when my shape contains multiple texts, formatted differently. How do I then change a specific text ( not the formatting ) element within the text.value array ?

guido

Hi Guido,

Thanks for your inquiry. I’m sorry to share with you that the issue id DIAGRAM-33411 is not a part of the release Aspose.Diagram 3.4.0. It has been dropped during the testing phase. You can easily change a specific text of the element without any impact on the formatting. Please visit the documentation page here. This sample code is not working with your provided VSD file ( ikke.vsd ). It has already been reported against the ticket id DIAGRAM-33411. We have planned to include this fix in our next release of Aspose.Diagram 3.5.0. We will keep you informed and let you know once it is fixed and available for public use. We’re sorry for your inconvenience.

when is version 3.5.0 supposed to be released ??

guido

Hi Guido,

Thanks for your inquiry. I’m sorry to share with you that this issue is not yet resolved. Aspose.Diagram 3.5.0 is expected to be released before the end of this month but we have extended our plan to include this fix in our Aspose.Diagram 3.6.0 release. It is going to take some time before this issue is resolved. I would also like to add that we always try to analyze and fix any issues the earliest possible. Nevertheless, sometimes there are certain unique scenarios and issues which can’t be resolved quickly.

I hope you understand and we really appreciate your cooperation.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.