Replacing Text in Bookmark placed inside a Textbox removes Bookmark- leaves old Text

The problem did not exist up to Aspose.Words release 14.8. It was introduced in 14.9 and still exists in 14.10.

Have a Word template (.dotx) with a number of Bookmarks, in the header, the body and in the footer. In this test case (same as in our production case) the Bookmark in the footer sits inside a Textbox.

Code replaces Text inside Bookmarks at runtime. All fine, except with the Bookmark in the Textbox, where the Text inside the Bookmark remains unchanged and the Bookmark gets removed when saving the file to any other format than .docx (eg .pdf).

My attached solution shows the behavior in a little test.

My workaround for now was to place the Bookmark into a table for layout. But that’s really just a work around.

Hi Roman,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-11042. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-11042) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.