Reporting Services - Create Multiple tabs

I just downloaded and started using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services and am trying to re-create my old RDL reports in the Excel add-in, but am having a few issues / some questions.

The first question, as stated in the Topic header is my old RDL report was grouping data and creating a page break by a field. So, each time that field value changed, my rendered report would have a new tab created.

How can I do the same with Aspose and, also, how can I name the outputted tabs dynamically based upon the data in the dataset?

Thanks!

@ori.goldstein

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

Please spare us some time. We need to set up the test environment. We will update you next week. In case, we need some files or further information relating to this issue from your end, we will update you in this topic.

@ori.goldstein

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

We have recorded your question in our database for further evaluation and for helping you know how to create multiple tabs as per your requirements. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSRS-531 - Create Multiple Tabs using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services

Just to understand, is this the level of support that would be available if I purchased this product too?
I truly wouldn’t be able to wait over a week to get a response to a production issue.

If this isn’t, what would the other support be like?

@ori.goldstein

Thanks for considering Aspose APIs.

Normally, we readily respond to user queries as you can see in other topics in this forum. Besides, we will escalate your issue to resolve it asap. Sorry for the inconvenience and have a good day.

So, that is my question - Is this product less-supported?
For the price, I want to make sure I have the kind of support that will allow me to be able to get answers quickly, otherwise, I’ll truly be stuck since there is little information out there for this - Not even walkthrough videos… It leaves one afraid to commit to such a product with such a price-tag.

@ori.goldstein

For now, Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services does not support the feature.

Please provide us your report definition file. We will evaluate it and do a plan to implement it.

@ori.goldstein,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for RS v18.11.1

We have added new feature for creating new page with the group field (first) of table in the fixed version.

See the steps on adding the break page attribute of group in table report item:

1. Create table report item which includes group field.
  2. Select MoreGroups report item on the report tree of modify report form.
  3. Check group page break in the extension tab of modify report form.
  4. Save and publish report.

Please refer to CompanySales2008.rdl (attached).

Please give us your feedback if the fixed version cannot meet your requirements.
files1.zip (66.6 KB)

You may try our latest version/fix (we have released now):Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v19.1

We have fixed your issue (supported the feature) in the new version.

Let us know your feedback.