Reporting Services - Lots of blank pages in Eval Version

Hello,

I downloaded the eval copy yesterday and installed it. We are running Reporting Services 2005 SP2. We ran the first few reports fine but when we ran a report which has some subreports that are hidden based on a report parameter we see lots of blank pages where those subreports normally are. The output is normal (no blank pages) when exporting to the native PDF, HTML, etc.

Is this a known issue? Is there a plan to address it? We cannot purchase otherwise..

Thanks,

Monte

Hi Monte,

Thank you for reporting this to us. No, this is not a known issue and should not occur in latest versions of the product. Please attach the problematic RDL report along with the subreports here (perhaps in a single zip) and then I'll try to fix the issue ASAP.

It took me a long while to reproduce the issue in a seperate set of RDL's aside from our production ones. I noticed it started to occur when I added multiple sub-reports inside the rectangle which is being hidden. I also attached a PDF and a DOC file. The PDF is the native PDF generated by RS, the DOC is your software. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for providing additional info. I have logged it as issue #3601 for reference purposes and fixed it. I’m planning to release a new version early next week, but if you need it sooner, please post your email address and I will send you the updated assembly.

Replied via email. Please let me know if you didn’t receive the message.

I’m having the same problem. Was there a resolution to this?

Dear Bob,

Thank you for your request. Could you please attach your RDL report to test?