Enable rendering options on SQL Server 2016 after installing Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services

@johntarr,

This is strange as rendering options are not added when using report manager and Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll is not copied after you install using its MSI Installer. Also the log files should be there as the installation on your end does not look ok or complete. We will evaluate your issue further and get back to you soon.
By the way, did you try installing the component as described in the document:

I am afraid, we do not provide support via phone for technical inquires/issues. We only provide forums to support our users.

That’s incredibly disappointing, as we’re having to put in a lot of effort just to evaluate your product at this point.

I’ve asked our DBA to take a look at the document you linked to and ensure we’ve tried those steps. Am I correct that we don’t need to do step 3, since I’m not using the Excel client?

The issue with the log files was an security problem. I had access to other folders in that directory, but not the log files. Couldn’t even see that it existed.

I have searched that directory for Aspose, but there is no reference to it. What sort of errors should I be looking for in the logs? What should I try to do to force the error?

@johntarr,

1. You do not need to do step 3 if you do not want to us Excel client.

2. LogFiles is the log folder of MS SQL Server Reporting Services. There are Reporting Services run log in the folder. If you do not find LogFiles folder, please refer to online document:
    Reporting Services Log Files and Sources - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | Microsoft Learn

@johntarr,
Could you please try Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services 19.5 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSRS-543) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v19.9. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi