We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Reporting services render to aspose docx gives error 'Cannot find index'

Hi,

We are having errors when rendering our reports to DOCX with aspose. The problem seems to be a subreport in a list. When I delete the subreport from the list the rendering is succesful, with the subreport it isn’t.

In attachment you will find a screenshot of the report, u can see the list and the subreport within.

We are using Aspose.Words for Reporting Services version 4.1.1.0

Product version: 2014.03.07

Can a fix be provided?

Thx.

Hi Brecht,

Thanks for your inquiry. I suggest you please use the latest version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 4.3.0.

If the problem still remains, please use the select statement (to populate the data) inside
your RDL file and share that RDL file with us. I will investigate the
issue on my side and provide you more information.

Please see the following DataSet example with select statement for your kind reference:

<DataSets>
<DataSet Name="DataSet1">
<Query>
<DataSourceName>DataSource1</DataSourceName>
<CommandText>select 1 as value, ‘label1’ as label
union all
select 2 as value, ‘label2’ as label
union all
select 3 as value, ‘label3’ as label
union all
select 4 as value, ‘label4’ as label
</CommandText>
</Query>
<Fields>
<Field Name="value">
<DataField>value</DataField>
<rd:TypeName>System.Int32</rd:TypeName>
</Field>
<Field Name="label">
<DataField>label</DataField>
<rd:TypeName>System.String</rd:TypeName>
</Field>
</Fields>
</DataSet>
</DataSets>

Hi,

I have tested the report with the latest version of Aspose.Words for reporting servers (4.3.0) and the problem still persists.

In attachment you will find the used report and subreport. The data is populated into the report.

Thanks for looking into this issue.

Kind regards,

Brecht Vliege.

Hi Brecht,

Thanks for sharing the detail.

I
have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue
at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in
our issue tracking system as WORDSRPT-182. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,
Ok thank you,
Do you have any idea when a fix will be provided? What is the current status?
If it will be provided in a next release, when is this next release scheduled?
Thanks in advance.
Brecht Vliege

Hi Brecht,

Thanks for your inquiry.

This issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. I have requested the development team to share the ETA. As soon as any information is shared by them, I will be more than happy to share that with you. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Is there an ETA available? It’s five months since we logged this issue. Not solved in the latest version (4.4.0) and becomes more and more a problem for our customer.

Thanks.

Hi Brecht,

Thanks for being patient. I
regret to share with you that keeping in view the complexity of your issue and the
amount of work involved, the implementation of the fix to your issue has
been postponed till a later date. We will inform you as soon as there are any further developments.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for the update. Is there a workaround available for this issue?

Hi Brecht,

Thanks for being patient. Unfortunately, there is no workaround available for this issue. We will update you via this forum thread once there is any update available on this issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,
Is there any update on this issue? We have tested this issue with the latest version of Aspose.Words for reporting services and the issue still persists.
We also still receive this issue on our productrion environment.
Thanks.
Kind regards,
Brecht Vliege

Hi Brecht,

Thanks for being patient. We regret to share with you that this issue WORDSRPT-182 is still postponed. I am afraid, there is no estimate available at the moment. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as there are any further developments.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSRPT-182) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 16.11.0 update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.