ReportingServices - InvalidCastException

I am evaluating the Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services and recevie everytime an error the reporting services 2008 renders the report.

I am using an nearly empty report.. only the runtime is on it and still recieving the following error:

library!ReportServer_0-6!1c6c!07/19/2010-13:33:41:: Call to GetPermissionsAction(/Fab_Spielwiese/Untitled).
library!ReportServer_0-6!c18!07/19/2010-13:33:41:: Call to GetSystemPropertiesAction().
library!ReportServer_0-6!c18!07/19/2010-13:33:41:: Call to GetPropertiesAction(/Fab_Spielwiese/Untitled, PathBased).
library!ReportServer_0-6!c18!07/19/2010-13:33:41:: Call to GetSystemPermissionsAction().
library!ReportServer_0-6!1c6c!07/19/2010-13:33:41:: Call to GetPropertiesAction(/Fab_Spielwiese/Untitled, PathBased).
library!ReportServer_0-6!c18!07/19/2010-13:33:41:: Call to ListEventsAction().
library!ReportServer_0-6!c18!07/19/2010-13:33:41:: Call to GetSystemPropertiesAction().
library!ReportServer_0-6!1e90!07/19/2010-13:33:41:: i INFO: RenderForNewSession('/Fab_Spielwiese/Untitled')
webserver!ReportServer_0-6!1e90!07/19/2010-13:33:42:: i INFO: Processed report. Report='/Fab_Spielwiese/Untitled', Stream=''
library!ReportServer_0-6!1e90!07/19/2010-13:33:45:: i INFO: RenderFromSession('/Fab_Spielwiese/Untitled')
reportrendering!ReportServer_0-6!1e90!07/19/2010-13:33:45:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.UnhandledReportRenderingException: Fehler beim Rendern des Berichts., ;
Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.UnhandledReportRenderingException: Fehler beim Rendern des Berichts. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandReportRendering.ReportRenderingException: Fehler beim Rendern des Berichts. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
at c1..ctor(Object A_0)
at cq..ctor(Object A_0)
at Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.BaseRenderer.a(Object A_0, RPLReport A_1, ax A_2, Int32 A_3)
at Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.BaseRenderer.a(Object A_0, ax A_1, Object A_2)
at Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.BaseRenderer.Render(Report report, NameValueCollection deviceInfo, Hashtable renderProperties, CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream)
at Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.BaseRenderer.Render(Report report, NameValueCollection reportServerParameters, NameValueCollection deviceInfo, NameValueCollection clientCapabilities, Hashtable& renderProperties, CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.BaseRenderer.Render(Report report, NameValueCollection reportServerParameters, NameValueCollection deviceInfo, NameValueCollection clientCapabilities, Hashtable& renderProperties, CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RenderFromOdpSnapshot(IRenderingExtension newRenderer, String streamName, ProcessingContext pc, RenderingContext rc, GetResource getResourceCallback)
library!ReportServer_0-6!1e90!07/19/2010-13:34:00:: i INFO: Exception UnhandledReportRenderingException dumped to: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\Logfiles flags= ReferencedMemory, AllThreads, SendToWatson
chunks!ReportServer_0-6!1e90!07/19/2010-13:34:00:: w WARN: Rolling back shared chunk transaction for snapshot '403a40c5-303e-473b-ad49-703f997a8141', Permanent=False.
library!ReportServer_0-6!1e90!07/19/2010-13:34:00:: w WARN: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.UnhandledReportRenderingException: Fehler beim Rendern des Berichts. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandReportRendering.ReportRenderingException: Fehler beim Rendern des Berichts. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
webserver!ReportServer_0-6!1e90!07/19/2010-13:34:00:: e ERROR: Reporting Services error Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.RSException: Fehler beim Rendern des Berichts. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.UnhandledReportRenderingException: Fehler beim Rendern des Berichts. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandReportRendering.ReportRenderingException: Fehler beim Rendern des Berichts. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
ui!ReportManager_0-5!1c6c!07/19/2010-13:34:00:: Unhandled exception: System.Exception: Fehler beim Rendern des Berichts. ---> System.Exception: Um weitere Informationen zu diesem Fehler zu erhalten, navigieren Sie zum Berichtsserver auf dem lokalen Servercomputer, oder aktivieren Sie Remotefehler.
at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.ServerUrlRequest(Boolean isAbortable, String url, Stream outputStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension)
at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.InternalRender(Boolean isAbortable, String format, String deviceInfo, NameValueCollection urlAccessParameters, Stream reportStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension)
at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerModeSession.RenderReport(String format, Boolean allowInternalRenderers, String deviceInfo, NameValueCollection additionalParams, Boolean cacheSecondaryStreamsForHtml, String& mimeType, String& fileExtension)
at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ExportOperation.PerformOperation(NameValueCollection urlQuery, HttpResponse response)
at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
library!ReportServer_0-6!19ec!07/19/2010-13:34:36:: i INFO: RenderFromSession('/Fab_Spielwiese/Untitled')
reportrendering!ReportServer_0-6!19ec!07/19/2010-13:34:36:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.UnhandledReportRenderingException: Fehler beim Rendern des Berichts., ;
Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.UnhandledReportRenderingException: Fehler beim Rendern des Berichts. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandReportRendering.ReportRenderingException: Fehler beim Rendern des Berichts. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
at c1..ctor(Object A_0)
at cq..ctor(Object A_0)
at Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.BaseRenderer.a(Object A_0, RPLReport A_1, ax A_2, Int32 A_3)
at Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.BaseRenderer.a(Object A_0, ax A_1, Object A_2)
at Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.BaseRenderer.Render(Report report, NameValueCollection deviceInfo, Hashtable renderProperties, CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RenderFromOdpSnapshot(IRenderingExtension newRenderer, String streamName, ProcessingContext pc, RenderingContext rc, GetResource getResourceCallback)

It whould be great if you can help me with this problem.

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi Fabian,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Slides.

I have tried to understand the issue specified by you. Can you please share what platform you are using. If you are using SQL Server 2008 R2, then unfortunately support for it is currently unavailable.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The System is a Windows Server 2008 Standard with Sql Server 2008 Version Number of Reporting Services is 10.0.2775.0 running in Native mode.

I am using Version 3.4.1 of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services.

Hi Fabian,

Thanks for sharing added piece of information. In order to resolve the issue specified by you, we need to investigate and reproduce the issue on our side. For that please share the RDL file along with the data source that you have used. We really want to help you out and request your cooperation for this.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi,

The RDL file is a plain one. Only started the Report Builder and save this to Reporting Services.

Hi Fabian,

We are working on the issue specified by you and I have been successfully able to export the report to both PPT and PPTX. We feel there may be some font related issue. Can you please share the exported PDF and TIFF format of the report with us as it will be helpful in our investigation.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi,

I have attached the Report export as PDF and TIFF.

The Report can not be rendered as ppt / pptx even if i change the font type of the Text on the Report.

Hello Dear,

We are extremely sorry for your inconvenience,

I have installed the SQL Server 2008 version shared by you and have been able to reproduce the unhandled cast exception. An issue with ID 18580 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the problem. This thread has also been linked with the same issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

How long whould you say does it need to get a fixed version?

If it take to long could it be a solution to down / upgrade Reporting Services? If yes which versionnumber(s) are supported?

Thank you

Hello Dear,

Unfortunately, at this point of time I am unable to share that for which versions of SQL Server 2008, Aspose.Slides for RS is in proper working state. Our development team is working on this issue and hopefully soon you will hear some good news. Secondly, you may try the basic version of SQL Server 2008 SP1. I have been successfully able to verify the functionality with SQL Server 2008 version 10.0.1600.22.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 18580) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.