Resaving embedded Excel Worksheets in a slide causes the worksheet object to resize & distort

Hi there

We are having problems where resaving embedded Excel Worksheets in a slide causes the worksheet to resize which then results in distortion in the output - we can reproduce this without making any other changes to the actual Worksheet. We are using Aspose Slides version 2.4.0 with cells version 2.4.2. In the attached sample ppt, the source ole shape has a height and width of 3.02/4.68" whereas in
the output 5.38/9.96.

The attached code and sample PowerPoint can reproduce the problem. Here is the relevant code though:

OleObjectFrame oleObjectFrame=(OleObjectFrame)shape;

ByteArrayInputStream workBookInputStream = new ByteArrayInputStream(oleObjectFrame.getObjectData());
com.aspose.cells.Workbook workbook = new com.aspose.cells.Workbook();
workbook.open(workBookInputStream);
workbook.setWindowWidthInch(shape.getWidth()/576f);
workbook.setWindowHeightInch(shape.getHeight()/576f);
ByteArrayOutputStream workBookOutputStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
workbook.save(workBookOutputStream);
oleObjectFrame.setObjectData(workBookOutputStream.toByteArray());

Is the normal behavior? Is it possible to prevent the Excel worksheet from resizing?

Regards
Andrew

Dear Andrew,

I have investigated the code snippet shared by you and have tried to generate the output presentation based on that. I have not been able to reproduce the issue specified by you. Even, the out put presentation shared by you has 3.08/4.68 Height/Width. For your kind reference, I have also shared the slide image of the shared out put presentation with you. Can you please verify the things on your end, once more please.

Thanks and Regards,

Thanks for your reply. I think I’m seeing varying results depending on the version of the Powerpoint I use. It does seem that if I use a more recent service pack of 2003 then things work ok in this test case after I activate the object. If I use office 2010 to view the resulting ppt though things are very badly resized. Attached is a couple screen shots of the results that I see.

Which version of office did you open the ppt I sent with? Are you able to try 2010 to see if you can reproduce that behaviour? Does that look like a problem with the ppt itself or simply with how 2010 interprets the results of a 2003 formatted ppt?

In general we are seeing a lot of problems with the output scales and sizes changing between the ppt file we create to use as template and the output file that has had data added to it by the Apose apis. This was a simple case to try to make something that you can help us with. Is this something you have had reported before? I have seen your existing tech note on sizing things consistently but any other advice you can help with?

Thanks
Andrew

Dear Andrew,

I have been able to verify the resizing issue when opening the generated presentation in PowerPoint 2010. An issue with ID 21171 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has also been linked with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-21171) have been fixed in this update.