Reset page number property of ssrs 2008 report not working when exporting to Aspose Word

Hi,

I have a report created in SSRS 2008 R2. I am using the ResetPageNumber property of the tablix group to set pagination at group level. This is working fine when exporting to pdf. However random page numbers are getting generated when exporting the report to rtf or doc format via Aspose Word (4.1.0.0 version).

I use the following expression in report footer to generate page number
"Page " & Globals!PageNumber " of " & Globals!TotalPages

Note: I’m not using the OverAllPageNumber variable.

Could anyone please suggest a work around.

Thanks in advance,
Amrutha

Hi Amrutha,

Thanks for your inquiry. I suggest you please use the latest version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 4.3.0.

If the problem still remains, please use the select statement (to populate the data) inside
your RDL file and share that RDL file with us. I will investigate the
issue on my side and provide you more information. Please see the following DataSet example with select statement for your kind reference:

<DataSets>

<DataSet Name=DataSet1>

<Query>

<DataSourceName>DataSource1</DataSourceName>

<CommandText>select 1 as value, ‘label1’ as label

union all

select 2 as value, ‘label2’ as label

union all

select 3 as value, ‘label3’ as label

union all

select 4 as value, ‘label4’ as label

</CommandText>

</Query>

<Fields>

<Field Name=value>

<DataField>value</DataField>

<rd:TypeName>System.Int32</rd:TypeName>

</Field>

<Field Name=label>

<DataField>label</DataField>

<rd:TypeName>System.String</rd:TypeName>

</Field>

</Fields>

</DataSet>

</DataSets>

Thanks Tahir for your reply,

I'm still facing the issue even after using the 4.3.0 version. I'm attaching a sample RDL file which had tried implementing the same page number reset functionality. This uses the AdventureWorks2008R2 database file as the datasourse. Even in this page number is getting reset when exporting to pdf, but not while exporting to aspose rtf. The textbox on top right corner has the expression for page reset.

Cannot attach my rdl since populating the datasets through select statement is complex.

Hope you can soon find a solution to this.

I found this sample here:

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/briankmcdonald/2010/12/14/group-level-page-numbering-using-reporting-services-2008-r2/

Thanks,

Amrutha

Hi Amrutha,

Thanks for sharing the RDL file.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSRPT-192. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir,

Could you please let me know by what time we can get a fix for this ? This issue is critical for us.

Thanks,

Amrutha

Hi Amrutha,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I would
like to share with you that
issues are addressed and resolved based on first come first serve
basis. Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the
queue. I am afraid, I can’t provide you any reliable estimate at the
moment. Once your issue is analyzed, we will then be able to provide you
an estimate.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Tahir,

Just wanted to check with you if we had any luck in resolving this issue. If not, can you please provide an estimate ?

Thanks,

Amrutha

Hi Amrutha,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved
yet. I have requested the development team to share the ETA of this issue. As soon as
any information is shared by them, I will be more than happy to share
that with you.

We apologize for your inconvenience.