Restricted Editing of word documents

Hi

My current assessing the possibility of acquiring Aspose.Words for creating and editing contracts. One of the requirements is that the document is locked with some exceptions (fields) where the users can edit small details like contractual clauses and dates. I've seen some threads about the subject but none of them is conclusive to me about the possibility to generate and manipulate these kind of word documents.

The main idea is that the user can edit some parts of the document but overall, the document structure cannot be changed.

I send an example in attachment to illustrate what I am looking for.

Is it possible

Thanks in advance
Pedro

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Words.

Unfortunately currently Aspose.Words does not support protection (e.g. read only) of selected ranges (partial protection of document). Your thread has been linked to the appropriate new feature (WORDSNET-1067) in our issue tracking system. We will let you know once this feature is supported. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Secondly, I would suggest you please read the following article on Protecting Documents:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Protecting+Documents

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1067) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(48)