Retrieve Subtotaling settings

Hi,

I was wondering, is there a way we could retrieve the subtotaling settings from a subtotaled range?

Hi,

Thanks for your query.

It looks like your desired feature/options in Aspose.Cells APIs is not available. Could you give us more details about your requirements, what kind of settings you need to retrieve for Subtotals, also provide a sample file (by manually created in MS Excel) with some screen shots to highlight which Subtotals options and other settings you need to get. We will check and log a ticket for it to be evaluated it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for answering my question. We were hoping it was possible to reuse a Subtotaling setting from an existing subtotaled range i.e. the one in the attached file. If the we could get details on the subtotaled range i.e. the Consolidation function use (Sum, Average, etc), and the index of the columns being subtotaled. With that information it will be easier to reuse them when calling “Worksheet.Cells.Subtotal(…)” method call when the source excel file was also dynamically generated using Aspose.Cells; of course that’s when the columns will always be available or at least the subtotaled column are.

I have attached a sample excel file “testFile6.xlsx” which was generated with the use of Aspose.Cells with data from our dummy database.
I have also attached a screenshot “subtotaled sample settings.png” showing what settings I meant.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us further details and sample files.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41637” for your feature request in our database. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

That’s good to know, thank you.

Hi,

After evaluating your requirements a bit, we come to know that we might not support this feature and even MS Excel does not support it too. The settings for the sample having Subtotals as per your screen shot are not
right.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

@sgastardo

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-41637”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41637) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi