Reusable document variables

Hello Aspose team.

A question for the java Aspose word.
I have a question for the text replacement. I our company we want to templates in which we have variables that we can replace. Ok that is possible as i read your features but the main thing is this. When the document is created and the data has been filled, we want to keep the variables in the background so that the new created document can still be used as a template (if someone edits it and gives it back into the system, the version number must be updated). We are thinking in the way to use the Quick Parts data fields. If we look at the field code of the element COMMENTS: {COMMENTS variable * MERGEFORMAT}. If the value is seen there will be a value written as “variable”. Is there a way that the Aspose Words can be used for editing the field so the variable will be still written but the value would be different.

If you need any more explanations or examples just ask me and i will give them to you.

Thank you and seeing forward to hearing from you.
Lp, Aleš Mesojedec

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Feature Overview - Aspose.Words for .NET

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. I think, in your case it would be easier to use bookmarks. In this case, you will be able to reuse bookmarks as placeholders for values:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/working-with-bookmarks/
please let me know if you need more assistance, I will be glad to help you.
Best regards,