We are looking into revamping our PDF generation/conversion technology primarily for our web applications.
- We have been doing HTML-to-PDF conversion from our web content. Such content could be policy documents, acknowledgements, letters. We currently maintain a lot of HTML-based templates within our programs and what our applications does is to inject dynamic data into these templates and generated to PDF on-the-fly using the current PDF conversion software we have.
- The PDF content can include dynamic layout eg. population of data in a table which may change depending on how much data is need to present at a runtime.
- As limited by our current PDF conversion approach, the PDF content layout is always subjected to how the browser engine interprets the HTML and generates the PDF accordingly.
- Our IT teams spent a lot of effort to maintain, amend and test the HTML templates every time whenever we migrate to another browser engine and this seemed to be less and less sustainable.
- We are looking at a long term strategy to reduce our IT maintenance in terms of maintaining HTML templates as it is always subjected to how the browser engine interprets and renders the HTML.
- At the same time, this new solution should not subjected to such volatility and possibly a much more modern or efficient approach to performing PDF conversion from template and dynamic data input to PDF template.
- At the same time, we also try to empower our end-users as much as possible in terms of maintaining so many different templates and not rely on the IT team to make the changes to the templates as much as possible.
- We also wish to tap on possible services/API on the cloud whenever it is possible to reduce the IT footprint/maintenance on our end and achieve better efficiency in deploying apps with PDF generation needs.
With the above,
Is there any solution/product where your company may be able to offer us?