Revision formatting lost on Word doc conversion to PDF

I have a Word XML document (attached) that contains track changes
revisions and comments. Using the API to save this document to PDF
format, the formatting is lost. The formatting is also lost when converting using .doc or .docx files.

I know the PDF format is able to display these revisions. When you have a document
containing track changes in Word 2007, you can save as/publish to Adobe
PDF and the formatting is retained.

Are these revisions and comments unsupported by Aspose.Words?

We are currently using the new Aspose v7 to test.

Thanks,

Scott Poirier

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Currently, Aspose.Words does not support comments and revisions during rendering. I linked your request to the appropriate issues. You will be notified as soon as these features are supported.
Best regards.

Hi! Thanks for the quick reply.

I am doubtful but I thought I would ask for completness sake: Our company has an Aspose.Total license… are there any features available in Aspose.Pdf that will render comments and revisions on a PDF? Or do we have to wait for the feature to be implemented in Aspose.Words?

Thanks,
Scott P

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your inquiry. Aspose.Pdf does not provide ability to convert Word document to PDF itself. So you cannot achieve this with Aspose.Pdf.
Why revisions marks are so important for you? These marks do not contain any useful information. They contain only technical information about changes in the document. Anyway, In PDF revision marks become static content and you will be unable to remove them or apply changes as you do that in MS Word.
Best regards.

I am also having the same issue. The reason revisions are important for us: I work for a state government agnecy that regulates insurance companies. My particular forms and rates approval application accepts documents (word, excel, pdf, txt, etc) from all insurance companies throughout the US. These documents are reviewed and approved and “stamped” meaning they are converted to PDF and then a stamp is applied to the PDF. So it is very important for us to be able to review changes insurance companies are making to the document and then have the ability to convert/stamp that particular version “as is”.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. You will be notified as soon as revision marks are supported upon converting to PDF.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2121) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(5)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2120) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(5)