Ribbon bar, formula bar, menu, etc

I’m researching Excel replacement products. I’ve downloaded the GridDesktop.Examples solution. Am I missing something or is all user interactivity done through context menus? Other products I’ve looked at have a ribbon control (similar to the current version of Excel) with File/Home/Insert… They also have the formula bar and cell control.

Does the Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop have this menu hidden somewhere?

@mgranic,

Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop is a desktop/winform based grid control used to create, manage, view MS Excel spreadsheets. We also have another control named Aspose.Cells.GridWeb for Asp.NET or other web applications. Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop does not provide built-in toolbars/menu commands (although it does provide context menu) like MS Excel rather you may use its relevant APIs to create your own controls or menu commands, see the docs and check API reference help file for your reference.

Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop also provides formula bar control which you may add with Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop control on the form in your application.

Thanks for your response Amjad, but I’m not able to find an option for adding a formula bar. I’ve checked the GridDesktop control’s properties and the toolbox. I found this thread but when I tried to add the GridDesktop.dll to the toolbox, VS tells me there are no components. Is there a newer help article that you can point me to for adding the formula bar?

@mgranic,

I have created a sample project (attached) to demonstrate the FormulaBar feature for your reference.

Please note the following steps on how to add formula bar control with Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop for your reference:

1. Right-click on References in Solution Explorer (VS.NET WinForm application) and click on “Add References” then Browse to select the Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop.Dll at your specified/installation directory (e.g “.\net2.0”) to add it.

2. Click on Toolbox, I choose Common Controls and then right-click on it to select “Choose Items”. Then Browse for “Common .NET Framework Components” to select the Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop.Dll at your specified/installation directory. Now both FormulaBar and GridDesktop controls will be selected, so you may click Ok to add these controls to the toolbox.

3. Now add/draw GridDesktop control and FormulaBar controls to the form.

4. Click on FormulaBar control on the form. In Properties window, click on the “GridDesktop” property and you need to select the GridDesktop control (name) for mapping.

5. You are done now.

Hope, this helps a bit.
FormulaBartest1.zip (5.3 MB)