Rich content within the IF field gets striped down to plain text

Hello,

I’m evaluating Aspose.Words 7.0.0.0 for mail merge and so far it passed all of my tests. There is, however, one requirement that it seems to not fully meet. When using MS Word, you can control the content of the document using the IF fields:
Static section of the template
{ IF { MERGEFIELD section } = 1 “Dynamic section 1" "Dynamic section 2” }
Other static section
Aspose.Words does evaluate the IF fields without any problems. Now the difference comparing to MS Word 2007 mail merge is that you can put as “Dynamic section 2” or “Dynamic section 2” any kind of rich content including chapters, images, tables etc. while Aspose.Words strips it down to plain text. The images or formatting are lost when the IF field is evaluated. My requirement is to control alternative document layouts from within a single template and have the right version of the document rendered based on mail merge data, without any extra development. To put it simple, how can I display two different images based on the value of { MERGEFIELD }? Is this a known limitation of the component?
Thank you for looking into this.

Regards,

Andrzej

Hi

Thanks for your request. I managed to reproduce the problems on my side. I linked your request to the appropriate issues. You will be notified as soon as these problems are resolved.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10961;10962) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.