Rows and columns missing when merging CellEx

Hi! Both for ppt and pptx, if I try to merge cells in all the columns of a table, at the end there is 1 row missing. If I start with a table containing 4 rows, I get 3 rows at the end, and the height of the cells in the first row is incorrect (does not include all the merged cells heights).
Similar thing happens when trying to merge on all the rows, I get fewer columns and smaller than they should be. Please, check the attached console project and pay attention to the try-catch blocks to see the crashes!

Thank you!

Do you need more explanations? Is everything clear enough?

Thank you.

Hi Adrian,

I have worked with the sample project shared by you and like to share that there is no issue with Aspose.Slides but with the logic used on your end. In case of Vertical merge, you are merging at least first two rows completely columns by columns. Thus first and second row are completely merged and reduce the number of rows to 3. Likewise, in horizontal merging you are merging columns in a row. For each row, you are merging at least first 2 columns that reduces the column size to 1 less.

I have modified the code snippet for you by commenting some lines to make you understand about the concept more clearly. I have also shared the generated presentations for your kind reference as well. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi! Thank you for your response. Using PowerPoint, I am able to merge the cells without loosing a row or a column. The project you provided does not do all the merging I need, because first cell in last column (or row) is not merged with the others (you commented the code to avoid the crash).
Suppose I need to obtain the table in the attached screenshot (for first case in demo project, vertical merge in PresentationEx). Please, share the correct code to do it!

Thank you.

Hi Adrian,

I have worked over the requirement shared by you and have been able to generate the desired merged table in case of PPTX. However, there is column and row gettting reduced issue in case of merging cell when dealing with PPT. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-33672 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

For your convenience, the modified sample project is also attached.

Many Thanks,

Hi! Thank you for trying to help. I used the piece of code you modified to generate the vertically merged TableEx and I can see that the first row has an incorrect height. The final result should display completely merged rows with heights computed as a sum of the heights of the rows merged (and similar, when merging completely 2 or more columns, the result column should have a width computed as the sum of the widths of all the columns merged).
Please, see the row marked in red in the attachment and compare it to the desired merged table in my post above!

Thank you.

Hi Adrian,

I am sorry for your inconvenience. I have observed the row height getting changed for PPTX vertical merging. Actually, I was using tables with cells filled with text and in your case, you are using empty cells table. The row height or column width issue seems to be content driven and that is why you are getting this abnormal behavior for merged cells. I have updated the issue status and have shared the comment with development team. I will update you further as soon as the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hello,

Do you have any news regarding this quite old issue ?

Thank you,
Mihai Andrei
Sr Software Engineer
IBM Romania

Hi Mihai Andrei,

I have observed the issue status and regret to share that the issue shared has not yet been resolved. I have raised the priority of the issue to High as well. I will share the further feedback with you as soon as it will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-33672) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hello,

We’ve tested again with Aspose.Slides 14.4.0.0, but the behavior is the same.

I’ve attached a small console application describing the issue - it uses two .ppt input test files, for the horizontal and vertical merge tests respectively. At some point, Aspose.Slides seems to be missing one row/colum, and the merge cannot be fully completed.

I’ve also attached 2 pictures describing what we are actually trying to achieve with Aspose.Slides in terms of merging, as you can do this within Microsoft Powerpoint.

Any feedback will be highly appreciated, as this issue is quite old…

Thank you,
Mihai Andrei
Senior Software Engineer
IBM Romania

Hi Mihai Andrei,

Thanks for sharing the sample project with us. I have worked with the sample project shared and have tailored that for your kind reference. Actually, when you merge all the cells in two consecutive rows or columns then the number of rows and column will be reduced by 1. This is logical behavior. For your kind reference, I have modified the sample project and have shared the detailed comments in the code for your understanding. I hope the information shared will be helpful. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,