.Rows().ApplyStyle() unexpected behaviour in v8.0.2.0/v8.0.2.2

Dear Support Team,

My application uses Style and StyleFlag to re-format my spreadsheets. Depending on the underlying cell, row, and column characteristics, I am required to format the cells in a number of passes (one to three passes), switching the required StyleFlags on/off as required.

The first pass applies the formatting on a cell by cell basis (therefore I use Cell.SetStyle()), whereas, the second and third passes apply formatting on a Row and Column level respectively, using the ApplyStyle() method.

Originally, my application was built using Aspose.Cells v7.2.2.0 and all seemed to work fine. I have recently identified a number of issues in v7.2.2.0 and await these to be included as fixes in the next release. Therefore, I have rebuilt my application using v8.0.2.0 to begin the re-testing process. Unfortunately, it would now appear that the ApplyStyle() method has been corrupted in v8.0.2.0/v8.0.2.2.

Please see attached in the zip file the spreadsheet I am using for testing (Aspose.Cells.XLSM), the output generated by v7.2.2.0 (which is what I expect to see) and the output generated by v8.0.2.0/v8.0.2.2 (which is no longer behaving as expected).

The vb.net code is also included to replicate this behaviour.

Kind regards,

Nidal

Hi Nidal,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue. The Row/Column.ApplyStyle() method in the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.0.2.3
is not working correctly.

I have attached the vb.net code file and the output xlsm file generated with the latest version and the older version for a reference.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-42711.

Hi Nidal,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.1.0.1 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42711) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.