RTF->PDF Bullet Formatting Incorrect

See the attached rtf.

1. Open rtf in Word, it looks fine.
2. Using Aspose Words, convert rtf to pdf, the indents and tabs are way off.
3. In Word, open rtf and save it to docx.
4. Using Aspose Words, convert docx to pdf, it looks fine.
5. In Word, open docx and convert to rtf #2.
6. Using Aspose Words and rtf #2, save as pdf, the indents and tabs are way off.

A fix would be desirable. In the meantime, can you suggest a work-around that does not involve using MS Office?

Hi Emil,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.6.0, I managed to reproduce a couple of issues on my side. I have logged these issues in our bug tracking system. The issue IDs are WORDSNET-6810 (The indentation problem) & WORDSNET-6811 (Symbols are rendering as Square Boxes). Your request has also been linked to these issues and you will be notified as soon as these are resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

What we have found is that the \sN tags and the \lsN tags are not always consistent in the RTF for the bullet items. Sometimes the \sN tags point to a certain style and the \lsN tags point to a different style. Word seems to honor the \sN tags, and it appears that you honor the \lsN tags.

Our workaround (now part of a mini Aspose workaround framework) is to parse the RTF stylesheet group, mapping \sN to \lsN tags. Then whenever we encounter inconsistent tags in the body of the document, we update the \lsN tag to be consistent with the \sN tag. Then Aspose is consistent with Word. Do you have any advice on the wisdom of this workaround?

I’m still not Emil.

Thanks,

Jake

Hi Jake,

Thanks for the additional information.

Good news for you is that your issue (WORDSNET-6810: Bullet Lists have too much left indent in fixed page formats) has now been resolved and its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Words (v11.8.0) which is planned to be released by the end of this month (September’ 30, 2012). We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Regarding your other issue (WORDSNET-6811), I am afraid, this issue has been postponed till a later date. We will inform you as soon as it’s resolved.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6810) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6811) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.