RTF Bookmark converted to HTML anchor tags spans entire paragraph

We have received a RTF document from our customer that is being converted to HTML with no errors. However, the HTML is causing our software engine problems. Our software engineer is questioning if proper, wellformed HTML is being generated by the Aspose.Words.jar

Here is the relevant bit of RTF:

is a \cf4 52 y.o.\cf0 \cf4 male\cf0 w{*\bkmkstart LINKEND|100|64|SEX|||}{*\bkmkend LINKEND|100|64|SEX|||}{*\bkmkstart LINKBEGIN|100|64|SEX|||}{*\bkmkend LINKBEGIN|100|64|SEX|||}{*\bkmkstart LINKEND|4|63|AGE|||}{*\bkmkend LINKEND|4|63|AGE|||}{*\bkmkstart LINKBEGIN|4|63|AGE|||}{*\bkmkend LINKBEGIN|4|63|AGE|||}{*\bkmkstart LINKEND|80|62|NAME|||}{*\bkmkend LINKEND|80|62|NAME|||}ho presents with cough, nausea, vomiting and hypoglycemia

And the relevant bit of HTML:

is a 52 y.o. male who presents with cough, nausea, vomiting and hypoglycemia
… </span

You will notice several rtf bookmarks are embedded all together in a text area of the rtf document (right after the “w” in the text “52 y.o. male w” and stops before the text “ho presents with”. It is the last bookmark that is causing the problem. For some reason when it is converted to HTML the closing anchor tag is placed at the end of the paragraph after all the text instead of remaining with the opening anchor tag.

Can you tell me if this is a bug or is this how the rtf to html converter is suppose to work?

I have attached the actual rtf and corresponding HTML. I have already tested this with the latest aspose-words-14.5.0-jdk16.jar.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10361. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10361) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.