RTF Conversion is Changing Font to Wingdings

We have a simple need at our location to load RTF files into Aspose Words, and then sometimes write them back out. We’ve found that some documents, once loaded into Aspose Words, are written out in wingding font.

I’ve attached a sample RTF that shows this behavior. You can open the RTF to see that it’s fine, but after Aspose Words writes it back out, the font is in WingDings and the document is unreadable.

You can verify this behavior with this very simple c# code:
static void Main(string[] args)
{
Document doc = new Document(“ToAspose_ReConversion_Makes_Wingdings.rtf”);
doc.Save(“converted.rtf”);

}

Please help - we just put Aspose Words into Production this last weekend and had to back it out. The sooner we can get this fixed, the better.

Thank you.
Hi Amy,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-7726 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Can you please give me some sort of ETA for this? My business stakeholders are asking me about this daily, and it'd be nice to be able to manage expectations.

Hi Amy,

Thanks for your patience.

We have a good news for you that is WORDSNET-7726 has now been resolved and its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Words (v13.2.0) which is planned to be released by the end of this month (around February' 28, 2013). We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published at the end of the month.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7726) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.