RTF conversion to HTML never completes

We’re having a problem when trying to convert some of our RTF documents to HTML. For most of our documents there complete in less than a second. But we have some documents that are taking MUCH longer. In fact, it seems like these documents go into an infinite loop or something and the Document.save() never finishes. We have let the process run for hours and it never completes. I can provide an example RTF document through email if necessary.

We are using Java 8 and Aspose.Words 21.11. I did try using Java 11, but it did not fix the problem.

@dkincaid,
Could you please ZIP and attach your input RTF document here for testing? We will investigate the issue and provide you information on it.

I can’t post the document in a public forum. Is there an email I can send it to or somewhere secure I can upload it?

@dkincaid,
It is safe to attach documents in the forum. Your attachments can be downloaded only by you and Aspose staff.

OK, thanks. I didn’t realize that. Here you go. Thank you for taking a look.

235652:1:100:PD:2012-02-07 09:11:24.000000.zip (158.6 KB)

@dkincaid,
We have tested the scenario and managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET - 23194. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thank you for the update. Can you give me some details about what the problem is so I can see if there is a work around we can use until it’s fixed? This is a show stopper defect for us right now unless we can find a work around.

@dkincaid,
We wish to inform you that WORDSNET - 23194 is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue. We will be sure to inform you via this forum thread as soon as there are any updates available on it.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-23194) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 22.1 update also available on NuGet.

Is the fix for the Java version coming soon?

@dkincaid The fix for java version will be included into the next Aspose.Words for Java version, which will be available in a week or so.