RTF to PDF for solaris 9.5

Hi,

I need to do RTF to PDF conversion on solaris 9.5. In the website, I saw that the library is available for windows, unix/linux and Mac. Can we configure the Aspose words library on solaris 9.5? does it work?

Please let me know asap.

Thanks in advance.

Regrads,
Anusha

Hi,

I need to do RTF to PDF conversion on solaris 9.5. In the website, I saw that the library is available for windows, unix/linux and Mac. Can we configure the Aspose words library on solaris 9.5? does it work?

Please let me know asap.

Thanks in advance.

Regrads,
Anusha

Hi Anusha,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note Aspose.Word for Java is supported in Solaris(Unix). You may notice difference in PDF rendering on Non-Windows OSs due to non-availability of True Type fonts. To fix this issue you can either copy True Type font files from a Windows machine or install a True Type font package on your machine. Also, you can use the FontSettings class to specify the location of the font files. Please check following documentation link for details.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for your response.

I am trying to convert a simple RTF file into PDF file using aspose words in Java. It worked well on windows. When I built and deployed the same Jar on solaris 9.5 it throws the below error.

Exception in thread “main” com.aspose.words.FileCorruptedException: The document appears to be corrupted and cannot be loaded.
at com.aspose.words.FileFormatUtil.zzZ(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.zzY(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.zzZ(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.aspose.RtfToPdf.main(RtfToPdf.java:11)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.aspose.words.zzYYK.zzZmS(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.zzYYK.zzZmU(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.zzYYK.zzzu(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.zz5.zzTZ(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.zz5.zzU0(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.zzYYK.zzZmX(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.zzYYK.zzZ(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.zz73.visitSectionStart(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Section.zzZ(Unknown Source)

Here are the environment details (windows 7 and solaris 9.5)
JDK -1.6
Aspose words - 17.4.0 for JDk 1.6

can you please help me in solving this error.
PS: I have used the same RTF file in both windows and solaris. will be waiting for your response.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & regards,
Anusha

Hi Anusha,

Thanks for your feedback. Please share your sample input document along with the sample code here. We will test the scenario at our end and will guide you accordingly.

Best Regards,

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for your reply.

Please find the attached file which is rtfTopdf.txt. It has a simple code. I could not convert any RTF file to PDF file on solaris 9.5 but the same code works well on windows. Can you please help me with the exception that I mentioned in the previous post?

Thank you.

regards,
Anusha M.

Hi Anusha,

Thanks for your feedback. We have tested the scenario on Linux and unable to notice the reported issue. We will appreciate it if you please request a 30 days temporary license and create a simple Word document from scratch to double check that Aspose is configured properly. Please also double check that True Type Fonts are configured as well.

However, if the issue persists then please share your environment details e.g. OS version, Java version, Aspose.Words for Java version. We will further investigate the issue and provide you information accordingly.

Best Regards,

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for checking.

I am trying to convert it on solaris 9.5. Can you please test it on solaris.

Please find the environment details below.
Java Version: JDK 1.6
Aspose words version: 17.4.0

If it works on solaris 9.5, we will go ahead and purchase license.

Thank you.

Regards,
Anusha

Hi Anusha,

Thanks for your feedback. Please note Aspose.Words for Java is platform independent. It is available for Java 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8 and will run in any place where Java is installed. Our many customers are using Aspose.Words for Java on Solaris. We have also tested it on Solaris 10 successfully. I tried to search Solaris 9.5 download link to setup the environment at my end but unable to find it. I will appreciate it if you please share some link for it.

Meanwhile, as requested above, please try to create a Word document form scratch using latest version of Aspose.Words for Java and share the results.

Best Regards,

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for your response. Now the issue is fixed with the Aspose words 17.2.0 library. I was trying with the 17.4.0. Somebody in the forum mentioned that there is a bug for solaris and it got fixed in 17.2.0. When we tried with 17.2.0, it worked.

I have one question, How come it is not fixed in the latest version. Can you please check and confirm.

PS: We will be going to purchase the license.

Hi Anusha,

Thanks for your feedback. It is good to know that you have managed to work with 17.2. However, I am setting up the environment and will update you accordingly.

Meanwhile, we will appreciate it if you please test the scenario using Aspose.Words for Java 17.5 and share the results.

Best Regards,

Hi Anusha,

Thanks for your patience. I have noticed that Aspose.Words for Java 17.5 is not working on Solaris 10. I have logged a regression issue WORDSJAVA-1586 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and rectification. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Anusha,

Thanks for your patience. Our product team has fixed your above reported issue in Aspose.Words for Java 17.6. We will appreciate it if you please download and try latest version of Aspose.Words for Java, it will resolve the issue.

Best Regards,