Running Aspose.PDF with Java Security Manager For Pptx Conversion requires execute permission for all files

Running Aspose.PDF with Java Security Manager for converting a pdf document to a pptx document requires

permission java.io.FilePermission “<>”, “execute”;

permisison to be set. Why is that required ? We are trying to do the conversion with below piece of code.

Document document = new Document(pdfInputStream);
document.save(outputStream, SaveFormat.Pptx);

Is there something that we can do differently so that this permission is not required?

@kdagli

Thanks for contacting support.

It seems like the issue is not Aspose.PDF API specific. You need to specify desired privileges for file formats while working with Java Security Manager. You may also check “Setting Privileges for Extensions” article over Oracle Site for further information. In case you face any issue particularly related with Aspose.PDF for Java, please share your sample files with us. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Thanks for your reply but i think the link you have provided is about a different subject - Java extensions- . They are not file extensions. This issue is Aspose.pdf specific and you can reproduce it with any pdf.

@kdagli

Thanks for writing back.

Could you please share a sample console application which is able to reproduce the issue. We will definitely test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

asposePDFIssue.zip (9.1 KB)

Please find attached the small application which would receive sample pdf file name as an argument and try to produce a pptx file.

asposePdfFailure.zip (90.0 KB)
You could extract the attached zip file and can see how i run the console application with jvm arguments and the security policy file. Unfortunately the forum doesn’t allow me to upload the full directory as it should include aspose-pdf-19.3-jdk16.jar . Please copy the jar to the folder yourself to be able to succesfully run it.

@kdagli

Thanks for providing requested information.

We were able to notice the issue in our environment while using latest version i.e. Aspose.PDF for Java 19.4. Therefore, we have logged it in our issue tracking system under the ticket ID PDFJAVA-38550. We will definitely look into details of the issue and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I would be interested to know if there is an update on this issue.
It was reported by my colleague who has now moved on.

@plovell

Thank you for contacting support.

Please note that the issue has been logged under free support model and will be investigated on first come first serve basis. Therefore, it may take some months to resolve. As soon as we have some definite updates or ETA regarding ticket resolution, we will let you know.

Moreover, we also offer Paid Support, where issues are used to be investigated with higher priority. Our customers, who have paid support subscription, report their issue there which are meant to be investigated urgently. In case your reported issue is a blocker, you may please consider subscribing for Paid Support. For further information, please visit Paid Support FAQs.