Runtime Error 429 when instantiating Aspose.Cells for ReportingServices Client

@CPaspose1303,

Please provide details/description on how to create login account.

Sorry for my late reply - Iā€™ve been out of the office yesterday.

Donā€™t know exactly, what kind of info you need. We are in a domain-environment and the users are configured as a regular user without any special rights. Currently working with roaming-profiles, changing to ue-v-profiles in the new ā€œsurroundingsā€.
But I can imagine, that there might be a problem due to our policies/gpoā€™s.
Iā€™d like to send more info - please ask for the needed details.

@CPaspose1303,

Yes, we needed domain environment details. I have logged your provided details against your issue into our database. We will investigate and look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

1 Like

So - I found a ā€œkind of solutionā€:

1. Installed as an administrator
  2. Opened Excel and activated Add-in as administrator
  3. Opened Excel as regular user ā†’ error message 429
  4. Added the regular user to local administrator group
  5. Opened CMD with administrator-rights
  6. Run ā€œC:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\regasm Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.client.dll /tlb Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Client.tlb /codebaseā€ inside the aspose-installation-folder.
  7. Run Excel ā†’ No more error
  8. Removed regular user from local administrator Group
  9. Log off this user and log on again (now as a regular user again)
  10. Run Excel ā†’ still no error :sunglasses:

Unfortunately, I cannot integrate this solution into our software-package - but at least Aspose can be used in our new Environment.

Do you know, what exactly the command << Run ā€œC:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\regasm Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.client.dll /tlb Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Client.tlb /codebase >> does?

If itā€™s changing a specific registry key, we could implement this in our software-package for distribution.

Thanks a lot in advance for your reply.

Perhaps you find another way now that you know my solution (there are only a few users working with your software here, but ā€œhandworkā€ after the installation is not the best thing).

@CPaspose1303,

Good to know that you have sorted out your issue by using your workaround for the time being. We are already working over your issue and will get back to you with details/fix once we figure it out.

1 Like

Thanks! :+1::+1:t2::+1:t4::+1:t6:

@CPaspose1303,
Could you please try Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services 19.5 and let us know your feedback.
Now you need to put in administrator password in UAC dialog when using the regular user install Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.MSI on windows 10.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your message!
Weā€™ll test your new release asap and let you know our results once we finished. Talk to you soon, bye!

@CPaspose1303,

Please take your time to evaluate the new version/fix. In case of any issue or queries, feel free to write us back with details, sample files, etc., we will check it soon.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSRS-550) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v19.9. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi