Runtime Error 429 when instantiating Aspose.Cells for ReportingServices Client

I got the below error , when trying to open report from aspose.cells

Runtime error 429
ActiveX component cant create object

Thank You

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and considering Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

Please see this article to resolve this error. Hopefully, it will be helpful for you. Let us know your feedback.

( Runtime Error 429|Documentation )

1 Like

Hi,

Unfortunately this does not work on my Win10/Excel 2016 pc for a user without admin-rights (no problem at all to open Excel without the 429-error for an admin-user on the same machine).

Any idea? Your answer will be highly appreciated!

Greetings from sunny Switzerland

@CPaspose1303,

Thanks for your query.

Well, Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services client tool is integrated with Microsoft Excel as an add-ins. You will always need admin rights to register the client designer tool. I am afraid, without admin rights one cannot register the assembly.

1 Like

Thx a million for your very quick reply. The registration of the tool (cmd → C:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\regasm Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.client.dll /tlb Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Client.tlb /codebase >> run in the Installation-folder after the installation due to the 429-error-message) can be done without any error.

Problem is, that Excel incl. the add-in will not work for a user without admin-rights in Windows 10.

One of our users (no admin, still working with Win7/Excel 2010) has a working Installation, but we will migrate all of our users in September - and we are already in the middle of preparing all the software-packages for further distribution in our company.

@CPaspose1303,

Thanks for providing further details.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSRS-550” for your issue. We need to conduct thorough investigation to evaluate your issue. We will do it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

1 Like

Thx a lot for your help - your efforts are highly appreciated.

Let me know, if you need further details/Information, please.

Kind regards, Oliver

@CPaspose1303,

Please spare us little time, we will evaluate your issue soon. Moreover, we will ask you if we need more details or other things.

1 Like

OK, I’ll stay “on hold” for you :sunglasses:

Thx for your help!

@CPaspose1303,

Thanks. We will update you soon.

1 Like

@CPaspose1303,

We provide you Aspose.Cells.ReportServices.x64.msi for windows 10(64bit) and office 2016 (64bit) for your needs.
Please note:

1. Uninstall existing Aspose.Cells.ReportServices.msi installer.
  2. Install new Aspose.Cells.ReportServices.x64.msi installer and try it.

You may download the Aspose.Cells.ReportServices.x64.msi installer here:

Let us know your feedback.

Thx for providing me with the actual 64bit-version.

Unfortunately this did not work either (same “429-error” when opening Excel incl. the acivated add-in as a user without admin-rights).

FYI: We are going to work with W10 Enterprise, 64-bit and Office 2016, 32-bit (do not ask me why, but that’s, what our organization -public Administration- provides).
Current test notebooks are already configured like this, incl. all GPOs in a domain-environment).

@CPaspose1303,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are sorry that the MSI installer does not fix your issue. I have logged your exact environment details and other info against your issue into our database. We will analyze and look into it and get back to you with further updates or fix.

I am pretty much astonished at your very fast replies and your investigations. Thx for that.

If you need more info concerning our environment, let me know please.

@CPaspose1303,

You are welcome. And, sure, we will ask you if we need further details/info from you.

Please spare us little time (3-5 days or so), we will try to figure out your issue soon.

OK, no problem at all.

As I mentioned, Win10-migration is not taking place before september. But for sure we will have to prepare and tests the software-packages early enough

Have a nice and relaxing weekand! :sunglasses:

@CPaspose1303,

Thank you for the feedback and have a nice weekend too.

1 Like

@CPaspose1303,

We need to setup your provided environment to test your issue. We will give you more updates when we have finished evaluating the issue on your mentioned environment.

1 Like

Cool! Thx a lot for your work!

@CPaspose1303,

We have re-created new test environment (Windows 10 64-bit / Office 2016 32-bit / Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices_19.3.msi) and created a tester account which is not administrator account.

When we use tester account and install aspose.cells.reportingservices, aspose.cells.reportingservice.msi can send a request on user account control. aspose.cells.reportingservics.msi is successfully installed after you input administrator password to agree the installation request.

We will try to create domain environment and further investigate.

1 Like