Saaspose: mustache templates and MS Word fields

Hello

I am starting to use Saaspose.Words, and I would need to perform conditions in my template (“if” blocks notably).

It is stated in the documentation there that the use of MS Word fields is “experimental” and that “It is not yet clear whether it will be feasible to keep it when the new template engine provides its’ own syntax for expressions.”.

I would really like to have more information. These are features I need, I and would like to know:

• is it safe to use MS Word fields for now?

• are some new features coming, using Aspose templates new syntax, that would replace (or even extend?) MS Word fields like: IF statements, formulas, etc.?

(FYI, I would prefer using mustache-style fields rather than MS Word fields, but I would use whatever is available at the moment).

Thank you for the clarifications!

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. This feature is not 'experimental' anymore and you can use these fields (IF and formulas) without any issue. Also, Saaspose has now become Aspose for Cloud and Saaspose.Words has become Aspose.Words for Cloud. Please check http://www.aspose.com/cloud/total-api.aspx for more details. Documentation revamp is in progress and such issues will be resolved during revamp.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,