Same program with same aspose jar produces different outputs in different machines (DTS-5690)

Hi,

I am facing a very strange issue while converting attached simple hebrew document into pdf. Text “אב למים וביוב.” which is in the fist line of Pg2 comes to the bottom of Pg1 in some environments.

I am using latest Aspose Words 16.10 jar, but the issue is not reproducible universally. It happens in two of our machines, but not on the rest where it produces correct output.

This happens even though I am running exactly same program with same aspose jar and infact same java (1.7.0_72) and Windows (Server 2012) everywhere.

Can you check and let me know what other machine specific factors might be affecting it ?

Thanks,
Rajiv

I also tried with “-Dfile.encoding=UTF8”, but didn’t help.

This is an important issue for our customer, please see if you can look into it at the earliest. My ES quota has expired, we are in process of renewing it, it should be done in couple of days. Once done, I will move the thread to the enterprise support.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Please zip and attach the following font file here for testing:

• David

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Pls find it attached.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-14358. Our product team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of this issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

You mean you are able to reproduce it too and see inconsistent behavior in different environments ??

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

You have attached PDF files to this thread, but for this issue we also need XPS files. Please convert the document to the XPS format in both environments, ZIP and attach them here for further testing.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

How do we get XPS files ? We do not have MS Office installed in these environments as Aspose doesn’t need it for conversion.

Am actually curious how does your output look if you try it in your machine.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Ok just managed to install Office in both the environments. Please find XPS files attached, one is from the working env, another from non-working one. Both look same to me.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for your inquiry. You could generate XPS files by using the following Aspose.Words code:

Document doc = new Document(“C:\Temp\source.docx”);

doc.save("C:\\Temp\\out.xps");

Please also ZIP and attach Aspose.Words generated XPS files here for testing. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Please find it attached.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for sharing the XPS files. We will keep you informed of further developments.

Best regards,
Hi Rajiv,

It is to update you that comparison of the PDFs and XPSs showed that the difference in the layout has been caused by different versions of fonts. Most likely, some update is missing on the machine with older fonts. One possible solution is to update all machines. Other solution would be manually copying fonts from one machine to another.

Here is the table showing version of fonts used in both environments:

Font name Env1 font version Env2 font version
Arial 5.2 6.87
Arial Bold 5.2 6.87
David 5.02 6.0
David Bold 5.02 6.0
Times New Roman 5.2 6.87

Hope, this helps.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Thanks for the update. My output now matches in both the machines after copying fonts. So looks like non-working env had higher font version, and working one had lower, so this will be more like a downgrade. I have suggested this workaround to the customer, let’s hope they’re ok with it, generally users do not like ‘downgrading’ anything.

I am actually wondering why should the font version matter only to Aspose Words libary and not to any other applications including MS Office. Both PDF as well as XPS files were as expected (matching ditto with original document) when we generated them from MS Word even with the older version of fonts.

Our basic understanding is that AsposWords output should always match with save-as PDF output generated from MS Word. As per that, don’t you think this might a bug, and should be further investigated ?

Regards,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

I am in coordination with product team to get answer pertaining to your queries. Soon you will be updated with the required information.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-14358) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.1.0 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.1.0 update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.