Sample

Hi, I would like a c$ sample project to showcase the functionaltiy of the aspose.slides component

Gert

Hi,

I have tried to understand the requirement shared by you. It will be really appreciable if you may please share the complete requirements.

Many Thanks,

I would like to download a working c# project that show how aspose.slides can produce a powerpoint file, from a template power point file.

Hi,

Please visit this documentation link to see how to access the presentation and apply some presentation on slides and then saving new presentation. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

I am lookign for a sample c# project that I can download and run on my local development machine, that can show me how to load a powerpoint template file, map some data from code to the template and then save the merge template to a new location.

Gert

Hi Gret,

Please find the project code attached for your kind reference. The code snippet used is reading a presentation file and applying protections on the shapes inside the slides. In the end saving the new presentation file. Hope, it will give you better idea of using the API.

Many Thanks,

Hi thanks for the sample, but I am in need to generate a ppt like the attached file. I have used the apose cells and that worked perfect for this type of ‘grid’ export, but now I need to generate a presentation file.

the number of rows is variable, with fixed headers and footers. Hence I would like to make a ppt template file, that have the template header, footer and then data section, that one can then map in code and allow the aspose engine to generate the data into the slide. Would you be able to do me a quick C# sample to show case that please?

Hi Gret,

I have observed the requirements that you have shared and want to achieve them via Aspose.Slides table. I like to share that there are many compulsions and limitations in Aspose.Slides tables as compared to excel worksheet tables. Like, one cannot apply formulas on the PowerPoint table cells for sum and percentages etc., as it has been done in the template table shared by you. Moreover, if the Aspose.Slides table exceeds the slide size you may need to add a new slide with new table. So, the approach for having a mechanism for adding the custom rows above the footer cells may not work in this scenario for you. One may try to implement the logic of calculating sum of particular cells and showing the sum in footer cells. But, if you will add some new rows above the reference to footer cell holding the sum value will also get change. For instance, if the footer cell for holding Total value was cell(20,2) [row,col] and after addition of row it will become cell(21,2) now. It will be quite complex to maintain the reference of footer cells on addition of new rows then recalculating sum of all column values and showing their sum in footer cell with changed index. There will be stage when you will be adding 15 or 16 rows and slide size will reach and you may need to add new slide with new table then.

I hope that the limitations and the issues that I have shared and well conveyed to you. According to the requirements shared by you, I suggest that you may create the tables in Aspose.Cells and add them in Aspose.Slides using Ole frames. This approach will fairly handle the requirements shared by you and on the same time depicting the same in Aspose.Slides presentation.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

mmm the only problem is the aspose.cells lic was for a previous client and I cannot use that for this client. He will still need to buy a lic and I were hoping to only buy the Slides lic.

I do not need any clever logic in slides. The calcs will all be done in the C# code and the results just mapped to the ppt template. Hence the footer row will just be mapping the result and not calculating it by itself. Would it be possible for me to do it with aspose slides and would you be able to do a small sample with template for me too see the code. I need to use that to sell the aspose product to the new client.

Regards
gert

Hi Gret,

I like to share that the issue of table size exceeding the slide size on adding rows dynamically will still be there. I may work on template and will share that with you that may work for the limited scope as you may develop the application that may suit the needs and serve the purpose for you.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi, I do understand that about the dynamic table and number of rows thing. This is for high level reports and as such will only contain top 15 or so rows.

A sample in C# would be very helpful

Hi Gret,

I have worked for the requirements shared by you. The sample project code will hopefully completely fulfill your requirements. You may only need to change the data to your desired data. I have created the sample table in PowerPoint and used that for your data. Please share your feedback if the code snippet worked for you.

Many Thanks,